Senior Software EngineerAgilent Technologies, Inc.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our instrument data acquisition team. Our goal is to create revolutionary, next generation instruments for analytical chemistry techniques that not only satisfy current marketplace needs, but those of future customers as well, in the clinical, food safety, and pharmaceutical markets.
The team’s most-recent delivery is the Ultivo Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer. See the following video to learn how this innovative product has set a new standard for instrumentation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd2aCbCog5Q). Our development roadmap is full of other exciting new products that we’re eager to deliver to the marketplace and need your strong contributions to make them a reality.
As a Senior Software Engineer in R&D, you will work with our collaborative engineering team in an Agile environment to reduce customer needs and user requirements into a practical design, implement/test the necessary functionality, and contribute to the lifecycle processes that complete our software solution. Your skills are a key factor in the quality and success of our products and thus of our eventual business performance.
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
• Contributing to the development of data acquisition/GUI software in order to enhance the user experience.
• Implementing related software components & features
• Troubleshooting and fixing problems
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and experience
• 4 years’ experience in hands on SW design and development; 2 using C# (or C ) and Microsoft .NET development tools.
• Proficient in object-oriented programming and design patterns in C# (or C ).
• 1 years WPF with MVVM design experience.
• Must have excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
• Experience with Software localization, working with software for a regulated and/or audited environment, or chromatographic data systems experience a plus.
• Proficient with automated testing and related tools such as NUnit, SpecFlow, Mocking libraries a plus
• Background in Mass Spectrometry, data acquisition, data analysis, medical or other type of instrument products a plus.
• Design and development experience with projects having real-time, multi-threading, and user experience considerations a plus.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
7 days 23 hours ago
applySenior Software Engineer Agilent Technologies, Inc. - , , United States
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals:
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr. Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer - Contract
- Senior Software Engineer Developer
- Sr. Software Engineer - JAVA, AWS, & Mobile
Saint Paul, MN
- Senior Software Engineer - Lead Software Engineer - JAVA
Kansas City, MO