Senior Security CERT ConsultantVerizon Communications Inc. - Cary, NC
What youll be doing...
As the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) consultant is serving as an expert in the field of security incident response. You will use your years of information security experience and strong focus on Incident Response as well as technical certifications to reinforce your practical experience. You will coordinate, communicate and collaborate with others to complete through the entire incident response process. You will use your technical and architectural understanding to address all issues..
On a day to day basis you will assist with identifying and responding to incidents as well as proactively propose improvements for how to reduce risk and potential future incidents.
- Receive and monitor incident information from Verizon managed security services and other sources;
- Review the collected incident data and confirm or reject incidents based on the analysis;
- Classify and prioritize incidents based on established criteria;
- Facilitate communication between stakeholders of the status of the incident;
- Coordinate the containment effort based on the available information and established processes;
- Make containment decisions and facilitate decision making by other parties using established escalation process;
- Communicate with the affected users and stakeholders to organize the containment effort;
- Verify the effectiveness of containment actions taken;
- Identify the attack vector of used by incident and confirm take actions to confirm that similar incidents are prevented in the future;
- Validate the effectiveness of the eradication actions;
- Coordinate forensics and law enforcement activities with officials if necessary;
- Coordinate the recovery actions;
- Confirm that the recovery effort was successful;
- Confirm that all temporary containment efforts have been removed;
- Update stakeholders on the status of the recovery effort; Conduct a root cause analysis for the incident;
- Communicate the results of the root cause analysis to Customer and stakeholders to prevent similar incidents in the future;
- Analyze the incident response effort, with feedback from Customer and third parties. Identify and analyze any mistakes as well as good decisions done during response process;
- Use the results of the analysis as an input for improvements, such as incident response
What were looking for...
Youll need to have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, related field, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in security.
- Vulnerability scanning experience
Even Better if you have:
- A degree plus five or more years of experience in a dedicated security position
- SANS or other Security certifications, such as GCIA, GCIH, GREM, GPEN, CEH
- CISSP Certification
- CISM Certification
- ITIL Foundations training / certification
- Significant experience with how to structure and operate an efficient Incident Response process.
- Knowledge of common types of malware, their infection vectors, how identify them using network and host based tools, how to eradicate them and verify the success of eradication efforts.
- Knowledge of current security threats and vulnerabilities, how to detect and mitigate them, ability to understand their possible consequences on the customers environment.
- Understanding of modern technologies used to detect malware and vulnerabilities and protect assets.
- Threat intelligence.
- Understanding of modern network and cloud technologies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with customers at both technical and executive levels.
- Clear and concise written and oral English, including the ability to product professional-level documentation.
- Strong problem-solving and security analytics skills; able to identify gaps in processes and recommend improvements for mitigation.
- Strong leadership skills and a proactive approach to customer issues.
- Ability to excel in high pressure environments.
When you join Verizon...
Youll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering Americas fastest and most reliable network, were leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but were about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
12 days 18 hours ago
applySenior Security CERT Consultant Verizon Communications Inc. - Cary, NC, United States
Verizon Communications Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. Its Wireless segment offers access to various wireless voice and data services comprising Internet access through smart phones and basic phones, and notebook computers and tablets; messaging services to send and receive text, picture, and video messages; and consumer and business focused multimedia applications under the Verizon Wireless brand. This segment also provides location-based services; global data services; HomeFusion Broadband, a high-speed Internet service for homes; other connection-related services, such as network access and value added services to support telemetry-type applications; and machine-to-machine services that support devices used in healthcare, manufacturing, utilities, distribution, and consumer products markets, as well as sells smart phones and basic phones, tablets, and other Internet access devices. As of February 24, 2014, it served 103 million retail customers. The companys Wireline segment offers video services over its fiber-optic network; data Services comprising high-speed Internet and FiOS broadband data products, as well as local exchange capacity, managed, mobility, and security services; voice services, such as local exchange, regional, long distance, wire maintenance, and voice messaging services, as well as VoIP, and landline and wireless services; and local dial tone and broadband services to local, long distance, and other carriers. This segment also provides networking products and solutions, such as private Internet protocol services, and Ethernet access and ring services; and infrastructure and cloud services. The company was formerly known as Bell Atlantic Corporation and changed its name to Verizon Communications Inc. in June 2000. Verizon Communications Inc. was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Microsoft Consultant - Microsoft 365 Modern Workpl
- Cloud Consultant - Microsoft EMS, Windows 10, Syst
- Microsoft Consultant - Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace
- Agile Transformation Consultant
- Cyber Security Expert Consultant Senior Fellow Public Trust ...
Falls Church, VA
View More Jobs in Cary, NC:
- View More Jobs in Cary, NC
- More Senior Security CERT Consultant Jobs in Cary, NC
- More IT Jobs in Cary, NC
- More Security Jobs in Cary, NC
- More Verizon Communications Inc. Jobs in Cary, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Senior Security CERT Consultant Jobs in North Carolina
- More IT Jobs in Cary, NC
- More Security Jobs in Cary, NC
- More Verizon Communications Inc. Jobs in North Carolina