Senior Retirement Education SpecialistCUNA Mutual Group - San Francisco, CA
Salary Grade - 508
In an expert/lead capacity and functioning independently, this position is responsible for high quality and proactive support of retirement plan sponsors and financial advisors, in presenting the advantages and details of retirement plans (Defined Contribution, Profit Sharing 403(b) and Defined Benefit plans) to employees of credit unions and small businesses adopting CUNA Mutuals employee retirement programs.
This position provides technical training and educational value in the area of retirement plan education activities addressing specific client needs in an effort to retain and grow business within assigned regional customer accounts. At the senior level, this position also provides guidance to other Retirement Education Specialists.
Responsible for the following functions in an expert/lead capacity:
- Assesses and supports the needs of the plans sponsor, independent financial advisors and our credit union direct sales team members in conducting employee enrollment and education meetings to groups and interested individuals to help meet the strategic goals of the plan.
- Maintains joint responsibility with the Relationship Managers/Retirement Specialists to create a territory plan that achieves the service model metrics around educational meetings and other service activities that drive plan and participant retention.
- Effectively presents, educates and promotes to the employees of the business adopting a retirement plan the basics and overall advantages of their retirement plan(s), including information about their investment options. Goal is to provide education that helps increase participation in the plan, increase employees deferrals and optimizes the allocation of a participants assets. These services may be provided via a combination of onsite, webinar, video or email campaign support.
- During and following the group enrollment and education meetings, understands and responds effectively to employee concerns/questions to help them take action and optimize their utilization and appreciation of their retirement plan.
- Provides technical/product training to financial advisor, plans sponsor, and their employees, regarding details and information pertaining to their particular retirement plan(s).
- Serves as an education expert for the servicing/sales team to identify enrollment and participant education resources, strategies and educational campaigns that can assist in the acquisition and retention of business.
- Interfaces with home office product leaders in the enhancement of existing retirement programs, the development of new programs, and materials needed to service those programs at the participant level.
- Understands the competitive environment for the retirement services marketplace together with diverse financial services markets.
- Fosters teamwork and culture that is action oriented and accepts and responds rapidly to change.
- Maintains relationships with organizations and associations that support the product and service needs of the retirement plan industry.
- Assist in the identification of new market needs and potential solutions to those needs.
- The above statement of duties in not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Insurance or related field or an equivalent trade-off of relatedprofessional work experience.
- 5 years of directly related work experience enrolling and educating participants in various retirement programs or an equivalent trade-off of related training and educational experience. Ability to deliver education in Spanish is preferred.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Qualified and Non-Qualified Retirement Plans, including 401(k), 403(b) and 457(b) and Defined Benefit Plans.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, planning and presentation skills (both face-to-face and virtual).
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate detailed product information and retirement plan services internal/external clients via phone, in person and in writing.
- Demonstrated abilities to use presentation technologies and software such as PowerPoint, Brainshark, WebEx
- Possess or obtain FINRA Series 6 and 63 exams, Life/Health and Variable Insurance Licenses within 90 days
- The following designations are a value add to the role, but not required: CPC, QPA, QKA, CEBS/RPA, QPFC and AIF.
CUNA Mutual Groups insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
CUNA Mutual Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
12 days 20 hours ago
applySenior Retirement Education Specialist CUNA Mutual Group - San Francisco, CA, United States
For more than 75 years, CUNA Mutual Group has worked tirelessly to deliver product and service solutions that meet the unique challenges and needs of credit unions and their members. Our vision is unwavering: to be a trusted business partner who delivers service excellence with customer-focused, best-in-class products and market-driven innovation.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Major Accounts Product
- Title Senior Quantitative Risk Consultant
San Francisco, CA
- Title Senior Account Executive
San Francisco, CA
- Supervising Workers Compensation Adjuster
Walnut Creek, CA
View More Jobs in San Francisco, CA:
- View More Jobs in San Francisco, CA
- More Senior Retirement Education Specialist Jobs in San Francisco, CA
- More Insurance Jobs in San Francisco, CA
- More CUNA Mutual Group Jobs in San Francisco, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Senior Retirement Education Specialist Jobs in California
- More Insurance Jobs in San Francisco, CA
- More CUNA Mutual Group Jobs in California