Senior Project Industrial DesignerStanley Black & Decker, Inc. - Towson, MD
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Project Industrial Designer to join our Special Forces Innovation team within the Stanley Black & Decker.
Responsibilities will include working closely with talented and experienced Designers, Engineers and Product Managers, as well as leading the advanced conceptual design for new categories of power tools, pneumatics, fastening, and outdoor products under several brands. Daily duties will entail leading product design conceptual development, interacting with project teams, illustration of advanced ideas, 3D CAD modeling/photorealistic rendering, and ergonomic evaluations. This designer will regularly present big picture ideas to management and project teams. Other aspects of the role will include job-site research, travel opportunities and the experience of working at CDIY world headquarters alongside other world class designers in the Professional Power Tools division design studio.
* Create compelling designs based upon Ideation, Research and Product Requirements
* Develop mastery of the respective brand design languages and apply purposefully on designs
* Overseeing rapid prototype creation and model delivery for your projects
* Learn and comprehend breadth of product portfolios across the Construction & DIY product portfolio
* Field research activities
* New Product Ideation
* Meeting production deadlines
* Big picture thinker with proven track record of creative innovation and ability to quickly conceptualize ideas.
* A strong understanding of design principles and a developed sense of Brand aesthetic
* Experience working with plastic and metal part design. Handheld products a plus.
* Mastery of common manufacturing processes as they pertain to product design.
* Great communication & collaboration abilities with engineering.
* Excellent creative problem solving.
* Advanced sketching, illustration and visualizing skills.
* Self-motivated and a positive attitude.
* Ability to work well with, and influence established teams.
* Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities.
* Must have strong project and time management skills.
* The ability to adapt concepts to different brand identities.
Education and Experience:
* BS, BA or equivalent in Industrial Design required
* 5-10 years design experience required
* Mastery of common design tools (Wacom tablet, Sketchbook Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Training and extensive experience in 3D CAD packages with a focus on surfacing (CATIA or Pro-E preferred)
Must include a link to Online Portfolio within Resume or upload portfolio as an attachment to the application.
About Stanley Black & Decker:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company ready for the future.
About Global Tools and Storage:
Residential construction, repair, and remodeling. We ve got you covered. We ve been here for you since 1843. And since we know you count on us to deliver the best, we push ourselves every day to deliver the toughest, strongest, most innovative hand tools and power tools on the market. Try us and you ll see why we call ourselves the best. You're invited to become part of a team that takes pride in the products that we build and the customers we service. Specialties include: Professional Power Tools, Consumer Power Tools, Fastening, Power Tool Accessories, Hand Tools, and Storage.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic..
5 days 16 hours ago
applySenior Project Industrial Designer Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. - Towson, MD, United States
When you trace it all the way back, it comes down to three individuals: Frederick Stanley, Duncan Black, and Alonzo Decker. Three passionate individuals who built powerful companies that they were so proud of they put their names on them. Hundreds of years later, we’re proud to continue their legacies and we’re proud to carry their names forward. In 1843, Frederick Stanley started a small shop in New Britain, Connecticut, to manufacture bolts, hinges, and other hardware from wrought iron. With superior quality, consistent innovation, and rigorous operational improvement, Stanley’s company defined excellence, and so did his products. In 1910, S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker started their shop, similar in size at first, in Baltimore, Maryland. Six years later they changed the world by obtaining the world’s first patent for a portable power tool, and the company they built has been changing the world ever since. Both companies grew in parallel over the ensuing decades, amassing an unparalleled family of brands and products and an even more impressive wealth of industry expertise. In 2010, the two companies combined to form Stanley Black & Decker, to deliver the tools and solutions that industrial companies, professionals, and consumers count on to be successful when it really matters. Just as it was in 1843, our passion for excellence is seen around the world in our disciplined operations, purposeful business growth, and loyal customer relationships.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Project Industrial Designer
- Senior Bridge Engineer
- Physical Security Specialist, Senior
- Senior Water Engineer
View More Jobs in Towson, MD:
- View More Jobs in Towson, MD
- More Senior Project Industrial Designer Jobs in Towson, MD
- More Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. Jobs in Towson, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More Senior Project Industrial Designer Jobs in Maryland
- More Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. Jobs in Maryland