Senior Product ManagerSafeway, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Marketing Department has an opening for a Senior Product Manager in the Product Management team. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertson's Companies is looking for people who are interested in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of digital technologies. The Product Management team has broad responsibility to leverage digital technologies to build best in class customer experiences and maximize return on investment. The Senior Product manager will help a digital product vision and roadmap that will allow Albertson's Companies deliver the brand promise of being customers' favorite local supermarket. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for building business cases, defining, executing, and measures ecommerce and Omni channel product features and capabilities.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Champion the needs of customers, business teams, stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Can operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs
• Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications.
• Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
• Identify areas that require customer research and proposes research activities to direct supervisor and user experience team. Partners with user experience team to user-test designs through mock-ups, functional prototypes, etc. to ensure they are meeting intended goals.
• Present and secures approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
• Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices to support new features and functionality.
• Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
• Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
• Build intelligent capability and feature roadmaps using research, data, business context and learnings as input
• Be recognized as an expert across the division - someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of macys.com.
• Champion new initiatives to leadership team.
• Write user stories as a part of the product development lifecycle that:
o directly support primary objectives of the project
o are appropriate in size for iterative development
o include clear and specific acceptance criteria
o consider dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives
• Bachelor Degree required
• 6-9 years' experience in one or more of the following areas: product marketing, product/program management, business development, management consulting desired, but not required.
• 3-5 years' senior level product experience preferred.
• Internet and retail experience strongly preferred.
• Experience managing teams.
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
• Experience with A/B testing a plus.
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems. You are:
o A visionary - you see things not just as they are, but as they could be
o A problem-solver - you find ways to get things done
o A diplomat - you work well with people with different backgrounds
o A relentless learner - because the consumer and the industry never stops changing
o A pragmatist - you can tell things that add real value from those that are just shiny objects
o Obsessed with quality of digital experience - because there is no such thing as a perfect product
o A data junkie - because unless we measure it, we don't know if it works
Closing Date: June 22, 2017
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
5 days 22 hours ago
applySenior Product Manager Safeway, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA, United States
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Financial Services, Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Menlo Park, CA
- Senior Product Manager
- Sr. Product Manager, Demand
Santa Clara, CA
- Senior Product Manager
Redwood City, CA
- Sr. Manager, Corporate Strategy
San Jose, CA
View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA:
- View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Senior Product Manager Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Senior Product Manager Jobs in California
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in California