Senior HVAC Technician, Facilities JobCelgene Corporation - Summit, NJ
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Senior HVAC Technician supports the successful operation of facility, laboratory and business functions at multi‐use sites through interaction with internal customers and external service providers. The incumbent in this role, contributes to the completion of milestones associated with projects impacting cross‐functional teams, and may provide project management leadership on tasks specific to their functional area. With minimum supervision and given general instructions, this individual carries out routine tasks and functions, and uses basic analytical skills to recognize and solve common problems of limited scope. As a developing team player, the incumbent interacts with their immediate supervisor and personnel within their own work group to achieve team goals while building trust and collaborative relationships outside the immediate organization
Maintains all HVAC‐related systems, equipment and fixtures in good working order to ensure optimal function and condition.
• Coordinates, completes and reviews scheduled preventive maintenance activities and unscheduled repairs / upgrades to all HVAC related systems and equipment in a timely manner. Ensures operational uptime for all HVAC infrastructure, fixtures, equipment and systems.
• Performs and reviews daily rounds and inspections of HVAC equipment per work instructions. Identifies safety hazards, maintenance and repair issues, and takes appropriate action to remedy findings including prompt notification to management
• Inspects, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, adjusts, repairs and/or replaces all HVAC‐related fixtures such as valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes, motor starters, circuit breakers, and CRAC units.
• Inspects and changes filters and belts.
• Inspects and greases motor bearings
• Provides 24/7 response to critical HVAC equipment and system alarms including monitoring of BMS system. Assists in troubleshooting and emergency situations.
• Provides oversight, support and direction to outside contracted service providers. OR Provides on‐site guidance to HVAC workforce, liaison with management and on‐site contractors, project coordination, PM & WO distribution plus timesheet control.
Initiates and manages projects of moderate scope and complexity within their functional area.
• Addresses maintenance or repair issues, determines scope of work, material and equipment needed, anticipates next steps, and coordinates with impacted groups
• Recommends and implements changes to critical / ancillary systems, processes, and maintenance schedules in order to improve reliability, and optimize labor utilization, cost savings and safety enhancements
• Serves as a Facilities HVAC representative during interactions with all cross functional groups, as required.
Performs business process and administrative tasks including scope of work, cost assessment, and documentation.
• Provides oversight with scheduling and coordination of PM work orders including administering and monitoring planned and unplanned HVAC work order activity, as required
• Completes and reviews necessary documentation associated with preventive, corrective and service work orders including log books, work tickets and PM documentation to ensure asset history and department metrics are maintained.
• Coordinates Facilities service contracts to help ensure proper agreements are established, concise scopes of work are developed, and detailed schedules with service / labor costs are submitted
• Provides guidance and review in the development and revision of required preventive maintenance procedures, work instructions and guidance documents
• Supports Facilities operating budget within target goals for all contracted services and expenses
• Provides guidance with the identification, procurement and inventory control of spare parts, materials and supplies as required to ensure availability for maintained equipment.
Promotes and provides excellent customer service and support.
• Regularly reviews, prioritizes, coordinates and promptly responds to work orders and service requests. Ensures proper response to customer requests and that they are completed and documented in a professional manner.
• Provides technical support and guidance on HVAC‐related issues. Interfaces with customers to ensure all expectations are being met
• Maintains a positive relationship with all the members of the Facilities department and our site customers while promoting a positive team environment.
Promotes and maintains compliance with corporate, safety, security and regulatory policies.
• Maintains all assigned Corporate, Facilities and EHS training as required
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Adheres to all safety procedures and hazard communication; updates and maintains applicable safety data sheets
• Adheres to Electrical and Refrigeration Codes
• Drives efforts to maintain work areas in a clean, safe and organized state including all work rooms, storage areas, and mechanical rooms.
Physical / Mental Demands:
• Occasional stooping, bending, stretching , pushing, pulling, reaching and/or lifting greater than 50lbs
• Ability to sit, stand, walk and move within workspace for extended periods
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks including frequent hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing and pulling
• Ability to climb ladders and work in elevated areas / platforms .
• Work required in and around laboratory and regulated environments
• Ability to work safely in an environment with chemicals, hazardous, radioactive, and infectious materials and waste.
• Ability to work safely in an environment with exposure to high temperature / pressure steam, and other fluids, compressed gasses, odors, various noise levels, moving parts, vibration, wet/slippery areas and high voltage energy supplies
• Environment may include working at heights, in cold temperatures, and/or constricted / confined spaces
• Ability to work safely when working alone, or working with others.
• This position requires regular medical surveillance and may require incumbent to wear a respirator or gown.
Education & Experience:
• Associates Degree or Technical Certificate with EPA certification, including 410A plus 5 years of HVAC&R
• High school diploma/GED and 10 years of HVAC&R Experience with applicable HVAC&R certification(s) OR
• 15 years of HVAC&R Experience or Equivalent with applicable HVAC&R certification(s)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Expert knowledge of HVAC systems
• Firm understanding of building systems including life‐safety, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
• Firm understanding of critical utility systems such as HVAC, plant steam, compressed air, vacuum, RO/DI water, and compressed gas systems
• Expert in refrigerant leak detection, repair, evacuation and charging
• Basic skills in brazing techniques, electrical power and control wiring, instrumentation and data acquisition for refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
• Working knowledge of facility management systems such as CMMS (Computerized Maintenance
Management Systems) and BMS (Building Management Systems)
• Demonstrated skill and care in the use of tools and materials used within mechanical trades
• Demonstrated ability to utilize various testing devices related to the mechanical trades
• Experience in coordinating outside contractors in support of facility operations and maintenance, including system and equipment repair, upgrade, installation, start‐up and commissioning
• Strong multi‐tasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills. Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
• Ability to work On Call, overtime, off schedule and weekend hours to provide site operational support. Ability to work Rotating Shift as needed as well as the occasional, Emergency, Overtime, and weekend shifts.
• Strong written and strong verbal communication skills. Proficient at writing well‐formulated emails and notifications. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors. Ability to follow oral and written instructions, read, interpret and comprehend engineering manuals/drawings, schematics, specifications, and codes relevant to the trade or the assigned task, and easily comprehend work orders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with a diverse workforce. Outstanding customer service skills.
• Working knowledge of building, electrical and refrigeration codes, NEC, NFPA, OSHA and other basic safety training
• Understanding of ergonomic effects
• Familiarity with FDA / cGXP environments and associated compliance regulations
• Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel and Outlook, and the ability to learn new software, such as enterprise business, building management, and maintenance management systems.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
REQ ID: 17000011
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-New Jersey-Summit
ORGANIZATION: Celgene Corporation
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Individual Contributor
JOB TYPE: Full-time
JOB LEVEL: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
JOB POSTING: 2017-01-04 00:00:00.0
14 days 2 hours ago
applySenior HVAC Technician, Facilities Job Celgene Corporation - Summit, NJ, United States
Celgene is a multinational biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our mission as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions. There are numerous clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocyte leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), glioblastoma, and ovarian, pancreatic and prostate cancer.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Maintenance Technician - Full time
Basking Ridge, NJ
View More Jobs in Summit, NJ:
- View More Jobs in Summit, NJ
- More Senior HVAC Technician Facilities Job Jobs in Summit, NJ
- More HVAC Jobs in Summit, NJ
- More Celgene Corporation Jobs in Summit, NJ
View More Jobs in New Jersey:
- View More Jobs in New Jersey
- More Senior HVAC Technician Facilities Job Jobs in New Jersey
- More HVAC Jobs in Summit, NJ
- More Celgene Corporation Jobs in New Jersey