Senior Financial AuditorDTE Energy Company - Detroit, MI
Senior Financial Auditor','10590','!*!
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states. DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally. We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades: · Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015) · Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For · J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award · Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best” · Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT · Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award · Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Applies advanced internal auditing standards, procedures, and techniques to evaluate and provide assurance regarding the adequacy of financial controls related to the accomplishment of business objectives and compliance with laws and regulations. Also, performs independent substantive audits to ensure that financial statements are fairly stated and consistent with GAAP. Frequently leads audit teams, provides consulting to business clients and may take action on certain matters without referring to superiors for advice and guidance. May also perform other types of audits, including operational controls audits.
- Plans, develops, conducts and frequently leads financial control and substantive audits, and operational audits of new and/or complex Company systems, operations, processes, functions and activities.
- Audits may also include special investigations requiring the application of specialized auditing principles and practices.
- AIC supervisory responsibility for planning and directing audits, reviewing teams' work-papers and draft audit reports, and managing client relationships.
- Accumulates pertinent data, organizes material, uses sampling techniques and software analysis tools, prepares audit programs for fieldwork testing, and makes detailed analysis of existing conditions.
- Writes and presents comprehensive audit reports, and develops presentations that clearly describe objectives, scope, conclusions, findings and provides value added recommendations describing scope, objectives, conclusions, findings and recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders. Conducts draft review meetings.
- Partners with clients to assess their business risks on new and/or complex subjects. Uses this knowledge to provide input to audit management in developing the Annual Audit Plan, and to perform risk assessment for a given audit.
- Researches and prepares position statements on proposed and existing professional audit standards, management concerns, and regulatory decisions.
- Recommends new auditing techniques to analyze the adequacy of controls and the effectiveness of operational procedures and processes.
- Must be able to work effectively with personnel at all levels internally and externally such as outside accountants, MPSC, FERC, IRS, management consulting firms, etc.
- Provides mentoring, training, and direction to employees.
- Protects confidential client information
- Participates on varied task forces, teams, or committees as an Auditing representative or lead projects within Internal Auditing.
- Performs all duties in accordance with DTE's safety rules, operating regulations and practices, reports unsafe conditions and practices, and promotes a clean, safe workplace.
','!*!-Required: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration, or Engineering from an accredited college or university. Bachelor's Degree in another discipline is acceptable with additional relevant professional experience.
-Required: Must have professional experience normally acquired in five years
-Preferred: CPA or meet education and experience requirements for CPA, and complete certification in Michigan within two years.
-Preferred: Master's Degree
-Preferred: Blackbelt certification
-Must possess a valid driver's license, meet company driving standards and provide own transportation within the service area.
-Must have availability to travel outside the service area.
','Accounting, Auditing & Tax','Michigan-Southeast Michigan-Detroit','One Energy Plaza','','Detroit','48226','','','','false','Regular','No','No','Not Applicable','Not Applicable','Professional Pre-Hire Assessment','Professional Pre-Hire Assessment','No','No','No','No','No','No','No','No','Senior Financial Auditor
9 days 7 hours ago
applySenior Financial Auditor DTE Energy Company - Detroit, MI, United States
DTE Energy Co. (NYSE: DTE) is a diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our largest operating subsidiaries are DTE Electric and DTE Gas. Together, these regulated utility companies provide electric and/or gas services to more than three million residential, business and industrial customers throughout Michigan.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Financial Coordinator
- Senior Finance Analyst - Employee Benefits Accounting - Stan...
- SAP Payroll – Senior Consultant
- Sr Corporate Auditor
View More Jobs in Detroit, MI:
- View More Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More Senior Financial Auditor Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More Accounting Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More DTE Energy Company Jobs in Detroit, MI
View More Jobs in Michigan:
- View More Jobs in Michigan
- More Senior Financial Auditor Jobs in Michigan
- More Accounting Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More DTE Energy Company Jobs in Michigan