Senior Director - Program Management - PMOAmeriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
This role leads the Support Services team in the I&A PMO which is responsible for the delivery of key business analysis, requirements gathering, testing and quality assurance deliverables for large cross functional projects. This role supports the execution of the program management capabilities on a $20-40MM project portfolio by leading BA, BSA and QA team leaders to successfully achieve their goals.
- Leads a team of BA, BSA and QA professionals who are responsible for supporting delivery of large, significantly complex project initiatives . Works towards ensuring alignment towards the overall comprehensive plan that is maintained to track deliverables and progress toward completion on time and within budget. Shares expertise and thought leadership with others by utilizing and teaching company/industry methodologies, best practices, and tools throughout the project life cycle.
- Provides thought leadership to team leader direct reports that includes best practice discussions, capacity planning, coaching, feedback, employee development, and performance management. Also accountable for leading resources (who may not be direct reports) in a manner that ensures timely delivery on commitments/tasks in support of broader project deliverables. Ensures that direct reports (who lead teams of BA and QA staff) are meeting project time-lines and commitments.
- Helps define the overall objectives and key deliverables for the project; identifies and tracks key measures of success within the Support Services team. Ensures the development of a comprehensive plan that incorporates deliverables, accountabilities, budget and timelines. Provides regular status reporting on actual vs. plan progress, as defined by company standards.
- Utilizes strong stakeholder management, communication, facilitation and influencing skills. Develops and utilizes strong working relationships to ensure thorough and effective management of assigned project deliverables. Engages closely with business partners, vendors, technology and project management staff to ensure agreement/alignment of objectives/deliverables by all constituencies.
- Ensures appropriately skilled resources are available to deliver on commitments. Develops appropriate resource strategy for accomplishing project deliverables that may include utilization of internal or external resources that considers cost, expertise, and appropriateness to the respective project.
- Actively manages department budget and works with Finance partners to address variances.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 10 Years relevant experience.
- Expertise in utilizing industry-standard project management methodologies and tools that incorporates Capability Maturity Model (CMMi) methods.
- Adept at standard office and project management applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Project Workbench.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting / leading large-scale project initiatives to successful completion and implementation.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong relationship building skills; highly effective communication skills that include ability to gain acceptance of others to a point of view.
- Strong executive presence.
- Effective people management and influencing skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve/mitigate issues or risks associated with projects.
- Insurance / Annuities / Financial Services industry background .
- Lean Certification.
- Six Sigma background.
- Familiarity with Agile delivery and concepts.
Apply for this job at http://ameriprise.contacthr.com/58703781
View More Ameriprise Jobs
7 days 23 hours ago
applySenior Director - Program Management - PMO Ameriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN, United States
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- IT Director & Portfolio Manager, CVG
Mounds View, MN
- Global Communications Leader for Cargill Business Services
- Strategic Planning Consultant Job
- Project Manager- Last Mile Future Transportation
View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN:
- View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Senior Director Program Management PMO Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Senior Director Program Management PMO Jobs in Minnesota
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minnesota