Senior Designer, Decorative Accessories - Pottery BarnWilliams-Sonoma, Inc. - San Francisco, CA
Requisition Number: PB-12212
Area of Interest: Product Development - Design
Brand/Division: Pottery Barn
Position Type: Full-time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Under the direction of the Head Design Manager, and in partnership with peers, develop big ideas, graphic concepts and product designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchant objectives on a seasonal basis. Manage technical design execution and lead the product development process by working with major international home-goods manufacturers/vendors.
* Execute entire design process for a given season within multiple hard goods product categories.
* Ensure product design technical packages are complete, accurate and handed off to agents and vendors.
* Research and develop seasonal trends, themes, concepts, color direction, material, fabrications and styling and/or product form function and manufacturing processes.
* Gathers market data on key fashion trends and analyze what competition is doing to bring new business opportunities to the team.
* Create merchant line plans, assortment of strategies, price points and overall creative direction for assigned categories.
* Deliver effective, cohesive product presentations to sell concepts to merchants.
* Present seasonal product information (inspirations and facts) to field, product information, sourcing, and various cross functional business partners.
* Maintains brand P.O.V (Point of View) and P.O.D (Point of Difference) through collaboration with design peers, merchants and vendors.
* Manages the weekly Product Development Meetings and maintains communication between agents, merchants and sourcing.
* Develop and manage seasonal calendars and meet all deadlines.
* Manage, coach, develop employees and make hiring recommendations.
* Determine workload for staff; recommend effective processes and procedures to improve workflow and results.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum 7-10 years product design experience in home goods.
* Degree in Design or equivalent experience. Masters Degree in Design a plus.
* Engineering knowledge a plus.
* Graphic Design Skills, Creative and Inspirational thinker, Deadline driven.
* Strong sketching and ideation skills.
* Full proficiency in Mac operating systems with skill excellence in the Adobe Creative Suite.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Global Business Acumen -- Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
46 days 10 hours ago
applySenior Designer, Decorative Accessories - Pottery Barn Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - San Francisco, CA, United States
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.
View More Jobs in San Francisco, CA:
- View More Jobs in San Francisco, CA
- More Senior Designer Decorative Accessories Pottery Barn Jobs in San Francisco, CA
- More Retail Jobs in San Francisco, CA
- More Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Jobs in San Francisco, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Senior Designer Decorative Accessories Pottery Barn Jobs in California
- More Retail Jobs in San Francisco, CA
- More Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Jobs in California