Senior Database Developer Data WarehouseNational General Insurance - Winston Salem, NC
APPLY NOW Job Snapshot
POSTING ID: 3279/2457/21334
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified
This position will serve as a high-level technical expert in the designing, coding, testing, supporting and debugging of new software or significant enhancement to existing software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create, maintain, and optimize stored procedures, functions, inline SQL, database structures, and ETL processes to adapt to changes in needs and requirements.
* Tests coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors.
* Reviews test results with business, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
* Analyzes and documents how the business requirements fit into existing system.
* Develops technical specifications to resolve business client questions, problems, and to address enhancement needs.
* Develop new methods and procedures for accomplishing work. Provide work direction to less experienced team members.
* Translate detail program specifications for complex problems into coded computer instructions.
* Works with IT management team on project priorities and deliverable timelines
* Interfaces with all IT and business teams to determine/communicate impacts.
* Independently analyzes issues, uses judgement to make decisions, and takes necessary action.
* Reviews work of other team members for accuracy, adherence to standards, optimization.
* Provide on call support as needed and provide direction to other on call resources as needed.
* Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of experience in related field.
* Expert in one or more of the following: SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, Informatica
* Expert in Structured Query Language.
* Advanced knowledge of relational databases.
* Demonstrated knowledge of data warehouse concepts (data normalization, star schema, etc)
* Demonstrated knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
* Ability to work in an open team environment.
* Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations.
* Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously without direct guidance.
* Perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures as assigned by manager or project team
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Understanding of data modeling
* Insurance knowledge
* Experience with BI Tools
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
5 days 21 hours ago
National General Insurance
applySenior Database Developer Data Warehouse National General Insurance - Winston Salem, NC, United States
We believe there's more to auto insurance than coverages and claims. At National General Insurance, we start with experience – yours. We're guided by your unique needs, translated into the policy that works best for you, your family and the vehicles you drive. Our job? To give you the benefits of our experience. More than 60 years of it, grounded in the automotive industry. We take pride in the insurance products and services we offer, designed to give you the best possible auto insurance coverage – affordably – from your first car to your 21st. We are committed to your complete satisfaction. And if you do need to make a claim, we'll handle it as quickly, professionally and gently as we can. We don't just want to “get” your business. We want to keep it.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Hadoop Database Engineer
Winston Salem, NC
View More Jobs in Winston Salem, NC:
- View More Jobs in Winston Salem, NC
- More Senior Database Developer Data Warehouse Jobs in Winston Salem, NC
- More IT Jobs in Winston Salem, NC
- More National General Insurance Jobs in Winston Salem, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Senior Database Developer Data Warehouse Jobs in North Carolina
- More IT Jobs in Winston Salem, NC
- More National General Insurance Jobs in North Carolina