Senior Controls Technician - Pentagon - Federal DivisionJohnson Controls, Inc. - Frederick, MD
Senior Controls Technician - Pentagon - Federal Division
What you will do
Conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors control technicians, service
technician and mechanical technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
Pentagon (military experience not required)
First Shift, Monday-Friday
Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Eligible for 2 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
How you will do it
1. Diagnoses and repairs control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
2. Consults with the customer through data gathered and site assessments. Provides field proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing equipment. Assists sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads.
3. Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient execution of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
4. Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
5. Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
6. Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls technicians in the branch. Provides safety awareness while working on site with Johnson Controls subcontractors .
7. Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required.
8. Provides mentorship for certification of Controls Technicians and Service Technicians on complex building automation systems. Coaches, supports and trains mechanical workforce on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
9. Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
10. Conducts extensive self study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
11. Other duties related to the commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems and energy management systems as assigned.
What we look for
1. Five (5) or more years of experience in servicing HVAC Building Automation and Control systems (DDC systems)
2. Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.
3. Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
4. Possesses the ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
5. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
1. Strong knowledge and experience working with Metasys system
2. Demonstrated experience with programming of Building Automation Systems (DDC systems)
3. Experience with integration of systems.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 414-524-8999 and press option #0 or email HR_Recruitment@jci.com.
18 days 17 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Johnson Controls, Inc. is engaged in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Its Building Efficiency segment designs, produces, markets, and installs integrated heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as building management systems, controls, and security and mechanical equipment. This segment also provides technical services, energy management consulting, and operations of real estate portfolios for the non-residential buildings market. In addition, this segment offers residential air conditioning and heating systems, and industrial refrigeration products. The companys Automotive Experience segment designs and manufactures interior products and systems for passenger cars and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles serving original equipment manufacturers. This segment offers seating systems and components; cockpit systems consisting of instrument panels and clusters, information displays, and body controllers; overhead systems, such as headliners and electronic convenience features; floor consoles; and door systems. The companys Power Solutions segment produces lead-acid automotive batteries, as well as offers absorbent glass mat and lithium-ion battery technologies for hybrid and electric vehicles. It serves automotive original equipment manufacturers and the general vehicle battery aftermarket. The company was formerly known as Johnson Electric Service Company and changed its name to Johnson Controls, Inc. in 1974. Johnson Controls, Inc. was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Controls Technician - Pentagon - Federal Division
- Federal Realty Technician / Specialist- San Antonio, TX BHJO...
San Antonio, TX
View More Jobs in Frederick, MD:
- View More Jobs in Frederick, MD
- More Senior Controls Technician Pentagon Federal Division Jobs in Frederick, MD
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Frederick, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More Senior Controls Technician Pentagon Federal Division Jobs in Maryland
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Maryland