Senior Continuous Improvement SpecialistDTE Energy Company - Grand Rapids, MI
Drives overall continuous improvement philosophy and methodology that results in a continuous improvement culture, interprets data, identifies trends, conducts root cause analysis, and assists with benchmarking studies to determine and prioritize a business unit’s process improvement projects, and create business cases for these initiatives. Assures that improvement projects are aligned with business unit goals. Responsible for leading projects in assigned functional area processes. Responsible for providing overall direction and implementation of various process improvement tools and methodology.
-Determines benchmarks that can be used to compare the business unit’s operations to other in-industry participants, providing a basis for competitively differentiating and ranking the business unit’s performance; coordinates and monitors initiatives that evolve through these efforts.
-Conducts periodic & ongoing assessments of business unit processes and related systems; reports results to management and leads initiatives designed to deliver improved business and work management processes.
-Develops and maintains a detailed set of metrics; conducts periodic statistical, trend, root cause & benchmark analyses; identifies trends; briefs management and provides process improvement recommendations accordingly.
-Monitors business unit performance data, comparing trends among different operational units; identifies potential areas for improvement & standardization among operational units; recommends corresponding process improvements and coordinates their dissemination & implementation among the business units.
-Prioritizes practice/process improvement needs within a business unit(s); provides related input into the unit’s planning process.
-Solicits input from process owners within business units in the review of policies & procedures during process improvement efforts.
-Facilitates business unit support of CI initiatives driven from the central CISG group, including annual planning cycle, benchmarking, CI Methodology Training, and other initiatives as rolled out.
Associate degree, & 5-plus years of relevant experience, including analytical, training or meeting facilitation, and continuous quality / process improvement.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Completion of Black-Belt, Six Sigma, LEAN or related process improvement training
Project Management experience
Demonstrated work experience utilizing Minitab, SAS, or other relevant statistical software experience
Demonstrated experience creating pivot tables, charts, or analyzing financial/operational data etc. utilizing Excel
Experience analyzing data in Access or related software
7-plus years of relevant experience
– Consulting and influencing skills consistent with the ability to build relationships and influence parties; may include getting parties to embrace changing expectations and initiatives.
– Written, verbal communication, ‘active listening’ & advocacy skills consistent with the ability to present results of projects & research to senior-level Corporate & business unit management, and engage in
persuasive written & verbal interaction.
– Analytical & problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
– Ability to develop / coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects, yielding optimal outcomes.
– Broad understanding of power generation, transmission, distribution and regional power dispatch issues.
– Ability to analyze complex financial data & develop optimal recommendations & solutions.
– Ability to work in a ‘team’ and/or ‘matrix’ structure, supporting multiple clients. procedures & policy.
– Ability to conduct efficacious meetings & manage the meeting process with optimal results.
– Flexibility & the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities.
– Ability to apply project planning & implementation and/or continuous improvement principles (typically acquired through several years of experience in these areas) to affect tangible, positive out-comes.
To be considered for this opportunity at our Grand Rapids location, please apply at www.dteenergy.jobs
This description is intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it
intended to limit the right of any supervisory or management representative to assign, direct & control the work of employees under their supervision.
Only registered members
can apply for jobs. Or, sign in
16 days 2 hours ago
applySenior Continuous Improvement Specialist DTE Energy Company - Grand Rapids, MI, United States
DTE Energy Co. (NYSE: DTE) is a diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our largest operating subsidiaries are DTE Electric and DTE Gas. Together, these regulated utility companies provide electric and/or gas services to more than three million residential, business and industrial customers throughout Michigan.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr Process Engineer - Gear Engineer 3rd Shift
Grand Rapids, MI
- Sr Process Engineer - Gear Engineer 2nd Shift
Grand Rapids, MI
- Sr Process Engineer - Gear Engineer 3rd Shift - MFE0005092
Grand Rapids, MI
- Sr. Associate Sales
Grand Rapids, MI
View More Jobs in Grand Rapids, MI:
- View More Jobs in Grand Rapids, MI
- More Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist Jobs in Grand Rapids, MI
- More DTE Energy Company Jobs in Grand Rapids, MI
View More Jobs in Michigan:
- View More Jobs in Michigan
- More Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist Jobs in Michigan
- More DTE Energy Company Jobs in Michigan