Senior Compensation AnalystDevry University - Naperville, IL
Opportunity at a Glance
The Senior Compensation Analyst is responsible for a variety of projects which support the strategic goals of the Compensation Department including the management incentive program (MIP), annual merit review process, job documentation and evaluation, market pricing and salary surveys. Serves as the primary point of contact for analyzing a wide variety of internal and external compensation data.
- Assists in the development, implementation and administration of Compensation policies and programs. Conducts research as needed to obtain compensation information in support of strategic decisions. Maintains job title, level, base pay and external benchmark job matches. Creates, maintains, and communicates job codes and titles. Supports the annual merit increase process; prepares and distributes recommendation tools (i.e., spreadsheets) to the appropriate reviewers, consolidates recommendations and analyzes budget spending. - Oversees the management incentive program (MIP) which includes identifying target award percentages by position, preparing and distributing MIP documentation and coordinating annual incentive payouts. Benchmarks the MIP program design, participants and targets on annual or bi-annual basis and makes recommendation for improvements. Maintains data integrity for monthly reporting to Finance. - Completes job documentation reviews which include information gathering, creating job descriptions and revising as necessary to ensure accurate job responsibilities are maintained. Distributes job descriptions as appropriate. - Completes internal and external competitive reviews using established procedures. Participates in job assessment and job placement reviews as necessary. Consults with management regarding compensation issues and assists in completing ad-hoc promotional and pay equity requests as needed. - Develops compensation tools to assist with job analysis, job documentation, exemption status and other reviews. - Leads the compensation survey submission process which includes conducting and participating in compensation surveys and analyzing survey results. - Maintains a library of survey sources and tracks spending; assists in preparation of the compensation budget as it relates to surveys and makes recommendations for purchasing external survey data. Serves as the point of contact for geographic differential information. Participates in and submits annual survey data. Maintains and updates benchmarking data.
- Applies advanced computer and statistical skills to prepare charts, graphs and regression analyses as it pertains to various compensation projects. - Assists with HRIS implementation as it relates to compensation data integrity and reporting capabilities. - Maintains and updates the organization\u2019s job descriptions and electronic files.
- Monitors the federal work study program to ensure all minimum wage rates are in compliance with Federal and State laws. - Completes other duties as assigned..
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. - Bachelor\u2019s degree in Business or Human Resources and one to three years of progressive compensation experience required. - Compensation Professional (CCP) or attainment of work towards a professional compensation certification preferred. - Excellent computer skills in Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and HRIS software (UltiPro preferred). - Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to multi-task and work independently. - Good organizational, project and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters related to employee compensation. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education \u2013 one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you\u2019re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we\u2019re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It\u2019s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it\u2019s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an institution focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.
20 days 12 hours ago
applySenior Compensation Analyst Devry University - Naperville, IL, United States
DeVry was founded in Chicago and opened in 1931 as the DeForest Training School, named after Lee DeForest, a colleague and friend of founder Herman A. DeVry. In 1953, the name changed to DeVry Technical Institute in dedication to its founder. In 1966 the school was acquired by the Bell and Howell company, and became part of its Education Group division. In 1985 The Bell & Howell Education Group became known as DeVry Institutes, which was sold to Keller-Taylor Corporation, parent company of the Keller Graduate School of Management in 1987 to become DeVry, Inc.. DeVry acquired Ohio Institute of Technology in 1968, Becker Professional Review in 1996, Ross University in 2003, and the Deaconess College of Nursing in 2005. DeVry did not acquire rights to use the name "Deaconess College of Nursing", so it was renamed "Chamberlain" in 2006
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior HR Generalist
Downers Grove, IL
- Human Resources Senior Director
- Human Resources
- Sr. Human Resources Information System Analyst
- Compensation Specialist
Downers Grove, IL
View More Jobs in Naperville, IL:
- View More Jobs in Naperville, IL
- More Senior Compensation Analyst Jobs in Naperville, IL
- More HR Jobs in Naperville, IL
- More Devry University Jobs in Naperville, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Senior Compensation Analyst Jobs in Illinois
- More HR Jobs in Naperville, IL
- More Devry University Jobs in Illinois