Senior Billing Specialist - Federal DivisionJohnson Controls, Inc. - Rockville, MD
Senior Billing Specialist - Federal Division
What you will do
Responsible for accurate and timely set up of all new contracts and changes into Deltek Costpoint. Maintains all data required for billing, generating invoices and transmitting to customer billing systems. Works with operations to maintain and identify projects needing billing or funding. Owns the assignment of project numbers to all new awards.
Gaithersburg, MD office
First Shift, Monday-Friday
Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it
1. Accurately enters new contract/task order/account information submitted by the sales organization into Costpoint. Perform due diligence reviews on all contracts submitted for order processing.
2. Ensures billing parameters match the customer's Contractual Agreement as applicable. Maintain billing schedule to ensure that contracts are billed on time.
3. Prepare monthly and quarterly manual customer billings for installation projects and maintenance projects in accordance with contract terms and guidelines. Work closely with the Sales group, Contracts department and project personnel to ensure prompt and accurate billing.
4. Process, prepare and submit electronic invoices to government and non-government customers using WAWF (Wide Area Work Flow) and other electronic methods as required by the contract. Forward documentation on client acceptance.
5. Be the customer interface for all billing related issues. Responsible for investigation, analysis, escalation and resolution of accounts receivable issues.
6. Maintain project invoice file and electronic invoice correspondence/log. Monitor the Billing Mailbox and respond in a timely fashion.
7. Serve as the backup for the billing responsibilities for other JCFS subsidiaries.
8. Assist internal and external customers regarding billing inquiries while ensuring accuracy, accountability, and timeliness to the customer. Assist direct communication with customers, Sales and other internal departments as required.
9. A key player in the month-end and year-end closings. Willing to work in a deadline driven, fast paced environment.
What we look for
1. Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field.
2. Eight (8) or more years experience in government contract billing
3. Extensive knowledge and experience in reviewing government contract awards for billing requirements
4. Knowledge of Excel applications
5. Deltek Costpoint experience
6. Detail oriented, reliable and be able and willing to work in a deadline driven environment.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 414-524-8999 and press option #0 or email HR_Recruitment@jci.com.
22 days 7 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Johnson Controls, Inc. is engaged in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Its Building Efficiency segment designs, produces, markets, and installs integrated heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as building management systems, controls, and security and mechanical equipment. This segment also provides technical services, energy management consulting, and operations of real estate portfolios for the non-residential buildings market. In addition, this segment offers residential air conditioning and heating systems, and industrial refrigeration products. The companys Automotive Experience segment designs and manufactures interior products and systems for passenger cars and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles serving original equipment manufacturers. This segment offers seating systems and components; cockpit systems consisting of instrument panels and clusters, information displays, and body controllers; overhead systems, such as headliners and electronic convenience features; floor consoles; and door systems. The companys Power Solutions segment produces lead-acid automotive batteries, as well as offers absorbent glass mat and lithium-ion battery technologies for hybrid and electric vehicles. It serves automotive original equipment manufacturers and the general vehicle battery aftermarket. The company was formerly known as Johnson Electric Service Company and changed its name to Johnson Controls, Inc. in 1974. Johnson Controls, Inc. was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Billing Specialist - Federal Division
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Sr. Manager, Accounting
- Sr. Manager, Accounting
View More Jobs in Rockville, MD:
- View More Jobs in Rockville, MD
- More Senior Billing Specialist Federal Division Jobs in Rockville, MD
- More Accounting Jobs in Rockville, MD
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Rockville, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More Senior Billing Specialist Federal Division Jobs in Maryland
- More Accounting Jobs in Rockville, MD
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Maryland