Senior Apartment Maintenance ManagerAIMCO - Fairfax, VA
Senior Apartment Maintenance Manager','!*!Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment? Are you ready for your next challenge? Aimco is growing, and due to a new acquisition, Aimco currently has an opening for a Senior Maintenance Manager at Bent Tree, a 748 unit garden style community near Fairfax, VA!
At Aimco, you will work alongside some of the most devoted team members in the business. As a top-performing owner and operator of apartment homes across the country, we differentiate ourselves from the competition by ensuring every resident is happy, comfortable, and at home. With over forty years of experience, our collaborative, process-driven philosophy gives you the tools to reach your career potential.
Aimco is dedicated to serving our residents, and making everyone feel at home. As such, we are is a seven-day a week operation and our Maintenance Managers must have the flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule (days, weekends, nights) based on the needs of the business. Additionally, our Maintenance Manager may participate in our on-call rotation and need to respond to the property within 30 minutes of an emergency call. To maintain the quality of our apartment community, you’ll need to:
Provide exceptional customer service to our residents
Review Customer Satisfaction Surveys with the maintenance team to continuously improve and address areas of concern
Direct, schedule, and perform maintenance activities
Supervise, train and mentor the maintenance team
Communicate assignments to the maintenance team and monitor the workload to ensure completion
Inspect units and manage the apartment make-ready process
Review, prioritize, and complete service requests including appliances, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.
Ensure proper documentation of service requests, preventative maintenance, and make-ready status in property management software
Assist with grounds keeping, pool maintenance, housekeeping, distribution of notices, and other tasks as needed
Qualifications to keep our communities running:
3 years of experience with HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Appliance Repair, Carpentry, Landscaping, or Pool Operation
3 years of successfully leading a team
Experience using computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and the ability to learn and utilize our property management software
Prior experience managing vendor relationships
Our team members take care of us and we take care of them. As a team member, we offer a range of benefits to strengthen your health and wellbeing with insurance packages, wellness programs, paid vacation and sick time, and even time off to give back to your community.
Maintenance Manager, Service Manager, Chief Engineer, Maintenance Supervisor, HVAC Universal, EPA Universal, Apartment Maintenance Manager, Apartment Service Manager, Apartment Maintenance Supervisor, Experienced Maintenance Manager, Hotel Maintenance Manager, Appliance Repair, Apartment Maintenance, Maintenance, HVAC Universal, EPA Universal, EPA Type I, EPA Type II, EPA Type III, CFC, EPA I, EPA II, EPA III, EPA Universal Certification, Lead Service Tech, Property Management, NATE Certification, Residential Maintenance, Maintenance Tech, Maintenance Technician, Apartment Maintenance, Apartment Service, Apartment Service Requests, HVAC Service Tech, Boilers, Chillers, plumbing, Carpentry, electrical, appliance repair, appliances, garbage disposal, washer & dryer, dishwasher, Building maintenance, Residential, hotel maintenance, Field Service Tech, janitorial, faucets, sinks, turnovers, property technician, troubleshoot, troubleshooting, remodel apartment, apartment make ready, apartment turnover, properties, property, sweating pipe, heating, cooling, air conditioning, electrical fixtures, turn/make ready, Lead Technician, Property Technician, Construction, property management, drywall, preventative maintenance, R410, R-410A, Speciality Boiler’s license ','!*!
Senior Service Manager position at a property of 475 units with 3 or more direct reports, greater than 50% of time managing staff and/or vendors. Expert knowledge in all maintenance trades. Without direction, manages all aspects of property maintenance which includes vendor relationships, service staff, and resident service requests. Develops or updates preventative maintenance program for the site. Ensures Service Technicians apply proficient skills to complete tasks in a professional manner.
- Manages service employees, service vendor relationships, proactively creating maintenance schedules, assessing necessary materials and labor, and documenting all activity and related costs in the maintenance systems.
- Manages all aspects of the residential turn process including conducting pre move-out inspections, assessing appropriate damage charges, scheduling, budget, and product quality.
- Assigns turns and service requests to Technicians and vendors and follows-up on progress.
- Maintains business partnerships and schedules vendors for upcoming move-outs, preventative maintenance, service requests, and manage vendor change orders.
- Maintains accurate records in Aimco business systems.
- Conducts periodic property inspections, assesses problems and needs, and implements improvements in operations as appropriate.
- Communicates property maintenance and capital needs to management and ensures maintenance and capital needs are addressed.
- Enter requisitions in the purchasing system and manage to the established budget.
- Communicates performance to budget.
- Ensures property is in compliance with Aimco operating procedures/guidelines, regulations, and other compliance matters including those related to Environmental Health & Safety.
- Manages budget efficiently to maximize return on investment while maintaining highest level of quality and customer service.
- May manage and train service maintenance employees on customer satisfaction and the following trades: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, appliance repair, and other trades as required.
- Manages vendors and vendor relationships.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years work experience
- 3-5 years leadership experience
- May have HVAC and/or other related state required certifications (Certified pool operator)
- Demonstrated use of technology and computer skills with Aimco business systems or other equivalent system experience
- Proficient level understanding and experience in most maintenance trades: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Appliance Repair, Carpentry, and Pool Operation
- Previous vendor management and process management experience
- Previous budget management responsibility
- Demonstrates proven track record of leading a large team including skill development, team building, training, and delegation
- Ability to climb stairs while pulling dolly.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder.
- Lift 85 lbs and utilize variety of tools to perform maintenance.','US-VA-Fairfax','','Bent Tree Apartments','Bent Tree Apartments','Keegan Hammond','13639 Bent Tree Circle, Centreville, VA 20121','13639 Bent Tree Circle, Centreville, VA 20121','Full-time','Standard','Maintenance','Senior Apartment Maintenance Manager
10 days 13 hours ago
applySenior Apartment Maintenance Manager AIMCO - Fairfax, VA, United States
Aimco was ranked 19th on the Denver Post's 2014 list of the Top Workplaces in Colorado..Aimco is a real estate investment trust that is focused on the ownership and management of quality apartment communities located in the largest markets in the United States. Aimco is one of the country's largest owners and operators of apartments, with 252 communities in 23 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The company’s shares are list on the S&P 500 and are publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol AIV. Property Operations is the heart and soul of Aimco. As one of the largest owners and operators of apartment communities in the United States, we are dedicated to ensuring that every aspect of our communities is run professionally, with the utmost respect for your happiness and safety.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Credential and Professional Development Programs
- Internal Auditor II- Specialty
- Property Manager
- Senior Service Manager
View More Jobs in Fairfax, VA:
- View More Jobs in Fairfax, VA
- More Senior Apartment Maintenance Manager Jobs in Fairfax, VA
- More AIMCO Jobs in Fairfax, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Senior Apartment Maintenance Manager Jobs in Virginia
- More AIMCO Jobs in Virginia