Senior Analyst Procurement Knowledge ManagementRepublic Services, Inc. - Scottsdale, AZ
Senior Analyst Procurement Knowledge Management
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With limited supervision, the Senior Analyst, Procurement Knowledge Management is responsible for documenting and training internal customers on tools and best practices that support the corporate Procurement function. The Senior Analyst collaborates with subject matter experts to conduct needs analysis and skills assessments in order to identify areas of improvement in Procurement processes, tools, and data management, ultimately providing solutions to challenges. This role works with the Learning & Talent Development team to develop and deliver invaluable content used to train key roles in the Procurement space enterprise-wide, enhancing the internal expertise of the Procurement team and its partners. The position also supports the Procurement department in maintaining insight to market trends and the supplier landscape, including running RFx events in support of the sourcing process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Discovers and documents existing Procurement practices that are in line with the strategic plan of the corporate Procurement department.
• Engages stakeholders to break down complex processes into easily understood components, uncover best practices, and develop consistent standard operating procedures for Procurement across the organization.
• Identifies methods to simplify and streamline Procurement processes wherever possible.
• Identifies/develops business cases for new tools and applications that will improve the effectiveness of the Procurement team.
• Develops and maintains best practices for utilizing Procurement systems/tools and implements training and other knowledge transfer methods to Procurement team.
• Plans and leads efforts in alignment with Procurement strategy and timeline to streamline and document approved practices in clear, concise, and engaging deliverables for use during implementation and continual training.
• In collaboration with Category Management and Field Procurement teams, supports implementation of standardized processes and tools, and continually evaluates both to ensure accuracy and clarity.
• Designs and continually updates the Procurement internal SharePoint sites with relevant, accurate, and easy to navigate content.
• Assesses, develops, and continually upgrades the skillset of the Procurement team, working with internal and external stakeholders to conduct skills assessment, determine training needs and requirements, and surface new opportunities.
• In concert with instructional designers, develops training content, consistently evaluating instructional design output for quality and prioritizing rollout of new content to stakeholders based on the strategy of the corporate Procurement department.
• Develops and implements output metric(s) to measure the effectiveness of various learning programs.
• Maintains a current understanding of the market and industry through conducting regular trend analysis and sharing key takeaways with team.
• Assists Category Management team in evaluating supply sources and identifying solutions to challenges, including running sourcing events.
• Supports RFx processes including proposals, quotations, and requests for information.
• Leads the creation and sustainability of a supplier portal to streamline supplier engagements and onboarding.
• May coordinate activities of the Procurement Systems Analyst, including assigning and delegating work.
• Develops and implements work plans, including a resource allocation process, based on the goals and priorities of the organization.
• Ensures priorities established by Procurement and Category leadership are effectively communicated and incorporated into work plan.
• Travels up to 25% of the time, sometimes on short notice.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance or Accounting, or Information Systems.
• 3-5 years of supply chain and/or equivalent experience (i.e. Finance, Engineering, Accounting, Transportation, Operations, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with large-scale knowledge management, change management, and/or process improvement in a key support role. (Required).
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and/or Access.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint.
• Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, or Lean Sigma experience.
• Strong analytical skills and a focus on detail, cost drivers and total cost of ownership.
• Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with customers and stakeholders to build strong internal and external relationships while maintaining a high sense of urgency and customer focus.
• Demonstrated ability to create compelling content in mediums such as PowerPoint, Word, Visio, or Adobe Photoshop.
• Results orientation and strong time management skills, with an ability to understand key milestones and objectives and lead groups of internal and external resources to meet project goals.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Republic Services Jobs
10 days 2 hours ago
applySenior Analyst Procurement Knowledge Management Republic Services, Inc. - Scottsdale, AZ, United States
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of. Our company was founded with a “can do” spirit guided by integrity and values such as keeping our word, working hard and walking our talk. We believe in respecting the planet and applying common sense solutions to the waste and recycling challenges of our customers.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ:
- View More Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Senior Analyst Procurement Knowledge Management Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Logistics Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Republic Services, Inc. Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
View More Jobs in Arizona:
- View More Jobs in Arizona
- More Senior Analyst Procurement Knowledge Management Jobs in Arizona
- More Logistics Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Republic Services, Inc. Jobs in Arizona