Senior Administrative Assistant, Investment Banking (Boston, MA)Raymond James Financial, Inc. - Boston, MA
Senior Administrative Assistant, Investment Banking (Boston, MA)','1703814','!*!Job Summary:
Under general supervision, uses advanced skills and knowledge gained through training and experience to provide a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to a manager or group of managers within an assigned functional area. May train, assign and monitor the work of others. Follows established procedures to perform routine tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform other work with substantial variety and complexity requiring limited decision making responsibility. Some originality and ingenuity are required to locate, select and apply appropriate procedures, processes and techniques to assignments that are broad in nature. Resolves most questions and problems and refers new or unusual issues to a higher level. May serve as a resource to others in resolving problems and issues. Routine contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information. May communicate information to internal or external customers to sell or service products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for a manager or group of managers in an assigned functional area.
• Serves as a central point of liaison with other functional areas and external stakeholders in resolving a variety of routine matters.
• Utilizes knowledge and understanding of operational policies and procedures to create, compose and edit administrative correspondence and documentation.
• Researches, gathers and compiles data and information; prepares reports and summaries; and replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
• Monitors, reconciles and assists with fiscal administration for an assigned functional area.
• Provides and/or oversees support activities , including answering telephones; assisting and resolving problems and inquiries of visitors; reviewing and controlling incoming and outgoing correspondence; and following up on operational commitments.
• Schedules appointments; maintains calendars; and schedules and coordinates meetings, events, and/or travel arrangements, as required.
• Establishes, updates and maintains files, inventories and records and implements and maintains data management systems, as required.
• Maintains currency in modern office management methods and techniques.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.','!*!Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced concepts, principles and practices of providing administrative support.
• Basic accounting principles.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Basic principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Advanced terminology of financial markets and products.
• Performing diverse administrative tasks for a manager or group of managers.
• Creating, composing and editing correspondence and documentation.
• Researching information.
• Gathering and compiling data and information.
• Selecting relevant data from a variety of sources and preparing reports.
• Answering telephones and reviewing and controlling incoming and outgoing correspondence and following up on operational commitments.
• Scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars and schedules.
• Coordinating meetings, events and travel arrangements.
• Establishing and maintaining files, inventories and records.
• Implementing and maintaining data management systems.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Train and monitor and assign the work of others.
• Make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments.
• Analyze and solve problems.
• Maintain currency in modern office management methods and techniques.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Read, comprehend and apply business related information.
• Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma with a minimum of six (6) years of general administrative support experience required.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None Required.','Banking','US-MA-Boston-Boston','','Investment Banking','Full-time','Day Job','No','Senior Administrative Assistant, Investment Banking (Boston, MA)'
9 days 7 hours ago
applySenior Administrative Assistant, Investment Banking (Boston, MA) Raymond James Financial, Inc. - Boston, MA, United States
Founded in 1962 and a public company since 1983, Raymond James is a diversified financial services holding company with subsidiaries engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to investment banking and asset management. Our stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (RJF).You can call it Ray or you can call it Ray Jay. Raymond James Financial doesn't mind as long as it's calling on customers. It offers investment and financial planning services primarily through subsidiary Raymond James & Associates (RJA), which provides securities brokerage, investment banking, and financial advisory services in North America and Europe. Its Raymond James Financial Services offers financial planning and brokerage services via independent financial advisors, as well as through alliances with community banks. Other units provide asset management, trust, and banking services. The firm has more than 2,500 traditional branches, satellite offices, and independent contractor branches.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Corporate Banking Relationship Manager - Retail & Appare...
- Senior Administrative Assistant, Asset Management Legal
- SENIOR RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR/ RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR, Spons...
- Senior Executive Assistant
View More Jobs in Boston, MA:
- View More Jobs in Boston, MA
- More Senior Administrative Assistant Investment Banking (Boston MA) Jobs in Boston, MA
- More Raymond James Financial, Inc. Jobs in Boston, MA
View More Jobs in Massachusetts:
- View More Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Senior Administrative Assistant Investment Banking (Boston MA) Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Raymond James Financial, Inc. Jobs in Massachusetts