Security Fire Technician (Cedar Rapids, IA or Moline, IL Area)Johnson Controls, Inc. - Cedar Rapids, IA
Security & Fire Technician (Cedar Rapids, IA or Moline, IL Area)
What you will do
Under direct supervision, completes assigned programming, commissioning, basic troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of fire / security systems per contract obligations.
How you will do it
- Assists experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires understanding of core and third party fire / security products, software and systems / electrical technology.
- Assists in performing required commissioning documentation. Provide accurate information for as-builts documentation.
- Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Maintains appropriate local and National Fire / Security Industry Certifications.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
- Assists in monitoring project execution per plan. Reports problems or changes to supervisor or management.
- Completes paperwork and on site documentation as required.
- Performs self-study (reading, research, and practice) to obtain technical proficiency on required products and application.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we look for
- High school diploma plus two years experience in installing fire / security systems required.
- Electronics certification from an accredited technical school or military electronics training desired.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Attention to detail.
- NICET I or II is a plus but not required.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
23 days 19 hours ago
applySecurity Fire Technician (Cedar Rapids, IA or Moline, IL Area) Johnson Controls, Inc. - Cedar Rapids, IA, United States
Johnson Controls, Inc. is engaged in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Its Building Efficiency segment designs, produces, markets, and installs integrated heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as building management systems, controls, and security and mechanical equipment. This segment also provides technical services, energy management consulting, and operations of real estate portfolios for the non-residential buildings market. In addition, this segment offers residential air conditioning and heating systems, and industrial refrigeration products. The companys Automotive Experience segment designs and manufactures interior products and systems for passenger cars and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles serving original equipment manufacturers. This segment offers seating systems and components; cockpit systems consisting of instrument panels and clusters, information displays, and body controllers; overhead systems, such as headliners and electronic convenience features; floor consoles; and door systems. The companys Power Solutions segment produces lead-acid automotive batteries, as well as offers absorbent glass mat and lithium-ion battery technologies for hybrid and electric vehicles. It serves automotive original equipment manufacturers and the general vehicle battery aftermarket. The company was formerly known as Johnson Electric Service Company and changed its name to Johnson Controls, Inc. in 1974. Johnson Controls, Inc. was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
View More Jobs in Cedar Rapids, IA:
- View More Jobs in Cedar Rapids, IA
- More Security Fire Technician (Cedar Rapids IA or Moline IL Area) Jobs in Cedar Rapids, IA
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Cedar Rapids, IA
View More Jobs in Iowa:
- View More Jobs in Iowa
- More Security Fire Technician (Cedar Rapids IA or Moline IL Area) Jobs in Iowa
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Iowa