Seasonal Manufacturing PositionsWorthington Industries, Inc. - Greensburg, IN
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Worthington Industries' Packaging Solutions is looking for seasonal employees. These full time (40 hours per week) manufacturing positions will pay $13.65/hour, plus $.55/hour for working 3rd shift with some overtime opportunities. We will train on all aspects of the jobs including safety and quality. Must be 18 years of age, drug-free and able to work 3rd shift (10pm-6am). With great attendance and a strong work ethic, there is potential to become a regular full time employee after the season.
This position performs a combination of production tasks under the guidance of an operator or senior employee. These tasks may include loading machines, tending machines, handling product, packing product and positioning work and operating machinery. This role also maintains a clean and safe working environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has a strong work ethic to improve quality and production levels of assigned systems and equipment.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe, efficient and quality production.
- Observes machine processing for proper functioning and production of parts.
- Loads and unloads their assigned machine and packs product for the forklift.
- Performs visual and/or manual inspection as needed.
- May repetively tack weld simple pieces (basic MIG weld)
- Completes required paperwork.
- Assists operator with set-ups and running production as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Ability to frequently bend and stoop
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Basic math skills
- Able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time and exert moderate to heavy physical effort with a minimum lifting requirement of 40 pounds
- Prefer prior MIG tack welding experience
- Must be physically able to access all areas of the plant and grounds
- Must be available for work on any shift or shift rotation or work schedule as needed by the company
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a Most Admired Company and four times as a 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
9 days 18 hours ago
applySeasonal Manufacturing Positions Worthington Industries, Inc. - Greensburg, IN, United States
In 1955, a young steel salesman named John H. McConnell saw an opportunity for custom processed steel. He purchased his first load of steel by borrowing $600 against his 1952 Oldsmobile and founded Worthington Industries. First year earnings were $11,000 generated from sales of $342,000. From these modest beginnings, McConnell started a company known for its innovative products and services as well as its unique employee relationships.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Seasonal Manufacturing Positions
View More Jobs in Greensburg, IN:
- View More Jobs in Greensburg, IN
- More Seasonal Manufacturing Positions Jobs in Greensburg, IN
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Greensburg, IN
- More Worthington Industries, Inc. Jobs in Greensburg, IN
View More Jobs in Indiana:
- View More Jobs in Indiana
- More Seasonal Manufacturing Positions Jobs in Indiana
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Greensburg, IN
- More Worthington Industries, Inc. Jobs in Indiana