Scrum Master Senior or AboveTotal System Services, Inc. - Columbus, GA
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are People-Centered Payments, and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Leads cross-functional teams to provide agile-based project deliverables and facilitates the team's work to accelerate delivery of business value by ensuring adherence to Scrum methodologies and processes. Facilitates internal and external communication, removes impediments, and serves as the intermediary between multiple product owners, managers, and team members. Using strong communication, facilitates the project team through the Scrum process of Release Planning, Sprint Planning for multiple product owners, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives in a fast paced environment with competing priorities. Sets the example for Agile methods based upon the designated principles and ensures they are understood and exercised consistently within the team.
What Part Will You Play?
- Uses the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to conduct Daily Scrum meetings. Guides and develops clear Sprint standards while keeping team engaged and on task. Responsible for enacting Scrum values and practices. Provides updates on the team's performance, removing impediments that hinder team progress and facilitates Grooming/Refinement, Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives and Daily Standup meetings for the assigned team(s). Guides team to adhere to working agreements, helps to resolve impediments and creates a culture of continuous improvement by fostering empowerment and promoting best practices for platform maintenance and development. Creates a team environment by establishing trust and transparency through collaboration & communication.
- Promotes a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation. Engages team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; encourages discussion and conflict resolution. Initiates, builds and maintains positive relationships with IT and internal customers to help facilitate effective completion of project work.
- Partners with the development leads or appropriate team member for capacity planning and resource allocation in Agile tools. Guards and shields the team(s) from distractions and interruptions from external interferences.
- Coaches teams to break down business requirements into stories and tasks. Promotes and leads team to continuous improvement of structure, processes and tooling to enable the teams to deliver increased value. Champions accountability within and outside the team. Routinely demonstrates a good understanding of the overall business and of the business and technical terms presented.
- Uses strong analytical and problem resolution skills to identify difficult sources of impediments.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in a related field of study from an accredited university. Additional related TSYS experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Experience Required
- Project management experience preferably within an established IT project management office or serving as a project manager for an Information Technology department. Minimum of 2 years Agile experience.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Strong knowledge of Agile approaches, previous experience with Agile tools and techniques.
- Other Agile project management certifications (CSM, SAFe, PMI-ACP)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Communication - Has expert communication, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Has highly developed time management skills to manage competing priorities. Highly adaptable to changing environment and priorities.
- Issue Resolution - Has highly developed negotiation and conflict management skills to resolve unusual issues within and external to the team.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at 1.706.644.8747 or 1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
20 days 3 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
The people of TSYS® believe we are part of something bigger. Each and every day, we have the opportunity to touch millions of people and businesses — both a tremendous honor and a huge responsibility. For each of life’s purchases, TSYS is behind the scenes making the process frictionless and safe.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- MindSphere Senior Developer
- IT Development Senior Manager
- Senior UX Designer
- IT Scrum Master Lead Business Analyst II
- Sr. Scrum Master
View More Jobs in Columbus, GA:
- View More Jobs in Columbus, GA
- More Scrum Master Senior or Above Jobs in Columbus, GA
- More IT Jobs in Columbus, GA
- More Total System Services, Inc. Jobs in Columbus, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More Scrum Master Senior or Above Jobs in Georgia
- More IT Jobs in Columbus, GA
- More Total System Services, Inc. Jobs in Georgia