Sales AssistantDiscovery Communications, Inc - Chicago, IL
Have you ever wondered how television commercials get to your TV? Or about the strategy behind which commercials air on which networks and why? If you ever had an interest in advertising sales this could be the perfect fit for you!
The Sales Assistant position at Discovery Communications is the entry level role to get you on the path to becoming an Account Executive within media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery\u2019s US networks which include: Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Destination America, Discovery Life, Investigation Discovery, Science Channel, American Heroes Chanel, Velocity, OWN, Discovery Family and Discovery\u2019s US Hispanic Networks.
1. Establish strong business relationships and act as a liaison with advertising agency counterparts and internal Discovery departments including Direct Response, Pricing and Planning, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Billing.2. Respond to all client requests in a timely manner (flighting, revisions, allocations, added value, etc.). 3. Execute all client orders insuring that they are in approved weekly programming and compliant with all client requirements.4. Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients. 5. Work with Account Executive and the Marketing department on promotional assets, material deadlines, and approvals. 6. Work closely with Commercial Operations to schedule promotional assets.7. Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and billing department.8. Perform other tasks as directed by manager.
* Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)* High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize* Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a deadline driven environment* Strong customer service skills and problem solving skills* Detail oriented and team player* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies* Ability to work overtime with short notice* Previous related experience a plus* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
10 days 20 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Discovery Networks International (DNI) operates one of the most extensive international television businesses in the media industry, delivering quality content designed to inform, entertain and inspire the world. Reaching over 1.6 billion cumulative subscribers in 224 countries and territories, Discovery delivers global appeal and local relevance, connecting with diverse audiences by providing context for the ever-changing world.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Administrative Assistant - ECM Institutional Sales (Chicago...
- Assistant Private Banker - Military veterans preferred
- Sales Assistant, Hearst Design Group & Harper's Bazaar
- Submission for the position: Field Sales Specialist - (Job N...
- Assistant Bank Manager
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Sales Assistant Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Sales Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Discovery Communications, Inc Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Sales Assistant Jobs in Illinois
- More Sales Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Discovery Communications, Inc Jobs in Illinois