SR MACHINE OPERATOR-ABG DIE CUTTER-PATCHOGUE,NY- $16-22/HR - 2ND SHIFTKelly Services, Inc. - Patchogue, NY
SR MACHINE OPERATOR-ABG DIE CUTTER-PATCHOGUE,NY- $16-22/HR - 2ND SHIFT
Patchogue, NY, 11772, USA
Sr. Machine Operator-ABG Die Cutter
Patchogue, New York
**** SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK ****
$16-22/hr (depending on experience)
Shift: Mon-Fri (3PM-11:30PM)
Kelly Services is seeking motivated Sr. Machine Operator-ABG Die Cutters who have excellent experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Our client is a leading supplier of clinical labeling design, production and management services for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. These positions will be long term assignments in the Patchogue, New York area.
Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set-up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
The responsibilities and requirements for the position are:
- General knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment
- Read job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed
- Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department
- Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain production throughout the run
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule
- Follow instructions accurately
- Maintain records of daily production, using specified forms
- Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Open machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools
- Train workers to set up, operate and use machines
- Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting
- Assist Die Cut Pressmen with make-readies
- Coordinate efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies
- Follow established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- 5-10 years of experience in manufacturing operations and/or training is preferred.
- Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment preferred.
- Experience running board stock and paper on flatbed die cutters required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must have basic computer skills - data entry.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to use pre-make ready table.
- Demonstrates ability to use rulers, calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of size and location when beginning the nicking process.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize common packaging defects (cracking, sharpness, heavy scores, line-up, tearing, flat scores, one-sided scores, light cutting, loose fibers, pressure marks, etc.).
- Demonstrates ability to make a spotting sheet.
- Demonstrates ability to make stripping boards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of when and what type of rubber or cork to use.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how to use benders, bridgers, miters and cutters for reknifing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adjustment process for tonnage on cutting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of when to use underlay or begin spotting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operating the cube/manual tonnage.
- Demonstrates knowledge of 1mm counter plates.
- Demonstrates knowledge of using register pins for counters.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to repair dies by modifying creasing rules and cutting knives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of blind make-readies and what it entails.
- Demonstrates knowledge of counter plates, matrix, spotting tape, and underlaying.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Their operations provide cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers. Their range of customers fall within the following categories; microelectronics, pharmaceuticals, biomedical, chemical, cosmetic, and much more.
Please call us at 1-631-843-1703 or email your resume if you are interested!!
**Why Kelly** **®** **?**
At KellyServices ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to accessthe best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connectwith Kelly.
**AboutKelly Services** **®**
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 peoplearound the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network oftalent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and iscommitted to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunityis The Law.
22 days 8 hours ago
applySR MACHINE OPERATOR-ABG DIE CUTTER-PATCHOGUE,NY- $16-22/HR - 2ND SHIFT Kelly Services, Inc. - Patchogue, NY, United States
William Russell Kelly founded the company in Detroit on October 7, 1946, operating as the Russell Kelly Office Service. He is widely credited with pioneering the modern temporary help industry. The company was renamed Kelly Girl Service in 1957, and it became Kelly Services® in 1966 to reflect the growing services of the company. Established in the International Marketplace In 1968, Kelly Services opened its first international office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The company’s first European office opened in 1972 in Paris, France. Today, we offer a full suite of outsourcing, consulting, and staffing solutions—delivered globally from over a 70-year heritage of dynamic talent innovations. Total Sales Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Fortune U.S. Rank Kelly Services is currently ranked 490 in the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest companies.
View More Jobs in Patchogue, NY:
- View More Jobs in Patchogue, NY
- More SR MACHINE OPERATOR ABG DIE CUTTER PATCHOGUENY $16 22 HR 2ND SHIFT Jobs in Patchogue, NY
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Patchogue, NY
- More Kelly Services, Inc. Jobs in Patchogue, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More SR MACHINE OPERATOR ABG DIE CUTTER PATCHOGUENY $16 22 HR 2ND SHIFT Jobs in New York
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Patchogue, NY
- More Kelly Services, Inc. Jobs in New York