SR ANALYST INV PLANNINGThe Home Depot, Inc. - Atlanta, GA
The Inventory Analyst works within Supply Chain/Merchandising, and is responsible for partnering with merchants to develop and implement inventory strategies that maximize sales and inventory productivity for a merchandising category. To maximize sales and inventory productivity, it is critical that the Analyst maintain the appropriate in-stock positions and manage inventory in the most effective manner across both stores and SKUs. This Analyst will work closely with merchants, vendors, stores, transportation, distribution, and sourcing to accomplish goals.
The Inventory Analyst is responsible for creating accurate SKU forecasts, developing the inventory and replenishment strategy, managing parameters for each category to execute the replenishment strategy, achieving target in-stock levels and planned inventory turns, and developing recommendations to improve inventory productivity.
The Inventory Analyst also works with our stores and field leadership to execute their category strategies. In addition, this individual participates on strategic process improvement initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of the tools and processes utilized by the broader Supply Chain Organization.
A typical Sr. Analyst:
- Manages 25 vendors
- Manages $200m of inventory
- Supports $800m of annual sales
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30% In partnership with the Merchant, create strategies and tactics that deliver financial objectives: o Sales , Margin, Turns o Product transitions, flow and exit strategies o Seasonal category and SKU strategies to both enter and exit season o Pricing and promotional activity
10% Achieve in-stock and turn targets
10% Coordinate needs across supply chain partners
10% Manage category to open-to-buy targets
10% Provide analysis to improve category performance
10% Build and maintain relationships with merchants, suppliers, stores, and supply chain partners
10% Train new associates
10% Contribute to cross functional project teams
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Manager, Inventory Solutions
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- BA/BS Degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, supply chain, business management or engineering.
- Candidate must have demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Strong quantitative skills through knowledge of statistics and quantitative data analysis and interpretation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to translate analysis to audience and communicate recommendations.
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problem solving.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to persuade or influence others.
- Strong ability to multitask and handle competing priorities at once.
- Strong self-starter with ability to work with little supervision and ability to work with a team.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
9 days 7 hours ago
applySR ANALYST INV PLANNING The Home Depot, Inc. - Atlanta, GA, United States
The Home Depot was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank. Along with investment banker Ken Langone and merchandising guru Pat Farrah, the founders’ vision of one-stop shopping for the do-it-yourselfer came to fruition when they opened the first two Home Depot stores on June 22, 1979, in Atlanta, Georgia. The first stores, at around 60,000 square feet each, were cavernous warehouses that dwarfed the competition and stocked 25,000 SKUs, much more than the average hardware store at that time. Empty boxes piled high on the shelves gave the illusion of even more product. From the start, associates were able to offer the best customer service in the industry, guiding customers through projects such as laying tile, changing a fill valve or handling a power tool. Not only did store associates undergo rigorous product knowledge training, but they also began offering clinics so customers could learn how to do it themselves. The Home Depot revolutionized the home improvement industry by bringing the know-how and the tools to the consumer and by saving them money.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Oracle Ebusiness Suite Manufacturing Senior Managing Consult...
- SR ANALYST INV PLANNING (113631)
View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA:
- View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More SR ANALYST INV PLANNING Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More Accounting Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More The Home Depot, Inc. Jobs in Atlanta, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More SR ANALYST INV PLANNING Jobs in Georgia
- More Accounting Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More The Home Depot, Inc. Jobs in Georgia