SIU InvestigatorKemper Corporation. - Bakersfield, CA
The SIU Investigator will conduct field as well as desk investigations of insurance claims referred to and accepted for investigation by the Special Investigative Unit. Our Special Investigator will function as a remote investigator working from her/his residence and servicing the Bakersfield, CA and surrounding areas. Basic functions include: Investigation of claims, analysis and development of facts and evidence, and conducting and/or directing Examinations Under Oath. This investigator will coordinate investigations with outside SIU contacts, the Department of Insurance Fraud Division, NICB, and various law enforcement agencies. A laptop computer, cell phone and digital camera, MP3 recorder and other office equipment will be provided. Applicants must have the ability to travel.
• College Degree or equivalent work experience
• Three years of insurance claims investigation experience or professional investigation experience with law enforcement agencies; or
• Five years of professional investigation experience involving economic or insurance related matters; or an authorized medical professional to evaluate medical related claims.
• Must have a working knowledge of Digital photo and document metadata and have experience with using the internet and social networking for investigative purposes.
• The candidate must possess knowledge of the principles of casualty insurance and the auto casualty claims adjustment process.
• Investigative and legal expertise needed for this position.
• Completion of the NICB Basic and/or Advanced Academies and the Reid Interviewing and Interrogation Courses are desirable.
• Must have excellent communication skills and thorough working knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
• Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the workings of related state and federal agencies. The SIU investigator must possess oral and written communications skills and promote a favorable company image to the public.
• Fraud Claims Law Specialist (FCLS) or Fraud Claims Law Associate (FCLA) designations and Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator (CIFI) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designations are preferred.
• A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
-MO -CB +LJ -GD -IN -MSJ -PT
10 days 15 hours ago
applySIU Investigator Kemper Corporation. - Bakersfield, CA, United States
Kemper is a diversified insurance holding company with subsidiaries that provide an array of products to the individual and small business market. Kemper Personal and Commercial Lines sells Auto, Home and Package Plus policies through independent agencies. Kemper Specialty California sells personal Auto insurance in the state of California through independent agents and brokers to customers who may have had difficulties obtaining or maintaining insurance in the past. Kemper Direct sells Auto and Home by phone and online. Kemper also offers Life and Health Insurance through Kemper Home Service Companies and Reserve National.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- SIU Investigator
View More Jobs in Bakersfield, CA:
- View More Jobs in Bakersfield, CA
- More SIU Investigator Jobs in Bakersfield, CA
- More Law Enforcement Jobs in Bakersfield, CA
- More Kemper Corporation. Jobs in Bakersfield, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More SIU Investigator Jobs in California
- More Law Enforcement Jobs in Bakersfield, CA
- More Kemper Corporation. Jobs in California