SHORT HAUL REG TRUCK DRIVERPerdue Incorporated - Leesport, PA
Operate Tractor –Trailer combination between Company/Customer facilities, in order to pick up and deliver freight in a legal, safe, timely, and efficient manner, to include drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading and unloading at various locations, as assigned. The expectation for this position is to start and end at their assigned domiciled plant, unless otherwise directed by management. Driver is expected to perform above duties in a professional manner at all times as he/she is a representative of the Perdue Farms Brand.
PRINCIPAL AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Describe below the major responsibilities of this position which must be fulfilled with or without reasonable accommodations in order to achieve the essential purpose of this position.
1. Maneuver and deliver/backhaul truck loads of product and materials to plants, customers, and distributors as assigned.
2. Observe and maintain all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements regarding hours of service, log book, vehicle inspections, load inspections, and securing load. To include utilizing electronic logging device (paper logs when needed), on board vehicle tracking system in efficient manner.
3. Operate a tractor and trailer in a legal/safe manner consistent with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations, and Company policies. To include the utilization of all on board safety features.
4. Complete and submit all Company paperwork to include but not limited to manifest, bill of lading, proof of delivery pay envelopes, overage, shortage, damaged claims, and trip reports.
5. As assigned, the physical process of loading and unloading of product may be required.
6. Responsible for seal integrity and the reporting of an accurate /verified case count and condition of product during deliveries
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Able to drive a tractor with a trailer.
Able to remain seated for extended periods of time up to the limits established by DOT regulations.
Able to withstand bouncing and vibration from truck and road conditions.
Able to lift boxes up to 100 pounds to load/unload products.
Exposed to fuel and oil spills.
Exposed to extreme temperatures (0-100 Degrees Fahrenheit), humidity, (0-100%) and noise (50db to 100 db)
Required to travel to customers, distributors, plant facilities and other remote locations and may remain away from for home for a period of time.
Valid CDL License
Minimum Two years over the road Tractor/Trailer driving experience with refrigerated trailers preferred.
One Year over the road driving experience with degree from accredited driving school.
High School Graduate or GED.
Strong communication skills.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
7 days 4 hours ago
applySHORT HAUL REG TRUCK DRIVER Perdue Incorporated - Leesport, PA, United States
Perdue Farms is the family-owned parent company of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone we touch through innovative food and agricultural products.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- SHORT HAUL REG TRUCK DRIVER
View More Jobs in Leesport, PA:
- View More Jobs in Leesport, PA
- More SHORT HAUL REG TRUCK DRIVER Jobs in Leesport, PA
- More Trucking Jobs in Leesport, PA
- More Perdue Incorporated Jobs in Leesport, PA
View More Jobs in Pennsylvania:
- View More Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More SHORT HAUL REG TRUCK DRIVER Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More Trucking Jobs in Leesport, PA
- More Perdue Incorporated Jobs in Pennsylvania