Route Driver - CDL B Not Req. Richmond, VAStericycle, Inc. - Richmond, VA
Responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times. May also transport waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
• Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
• May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
• Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
• Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
Education and Experience:
• Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portrait a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
• Two or more years of customer service experience required. Previous route management experience is a plus.
• Completion of an accredited driving school, or one or more years of Commercial Driving experience required.
• Maintains current required drivers license, with an excellent driving record.
• Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
• Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of intranet.
• Maintains current Medical Examiner’s Certification (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle. Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 60 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, push or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements *LI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
2 days 17 hours ago
applyRoute Driver - CDL B Not Req. Richmond, VA Stericycle, Inc. - Richmond, VA, United States
Since our humble beginning in 1989, Stericycle has focused on helping businesses protect people and brands, promote health, and safeguard the environment. Our primary business comprises disposal services for medical and biohazardous waste. We serve hospitals, laboratories, physician practices, dental clinics, long-term care facilities, as well as numerous other businesses, facilities, and healthcare providers that generate sharps or potentially infectious material. Within the United States, we maintain the nation’s largest network of medical waste transport vehicles, collection sites, and treatment facilities. Globally, we operate medical waste services in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Romania, Spain, and Portugal.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Richmond, VA:
- View More Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Route Driver CDL B Not Req. Richmond VA Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Customer Service Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Stericycle, Inc. Jobs in Richmond, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Route Driver CDL B Not Req. Richmond VA Jobs in Virginia
- More Customer Service Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Stericycle, Inc. Jobs in Virginia