Retail Store Manager-high end boutique environmentmatta ny - New York City, NY
Retail Store Manager - Experience in a Contemporary or Luxury Environment
New York, New York
0.00 (Per Hour)
Schedule: Full –time
Reports to: Managing director, owner
Supervises: Retail sales staff
The Matta manager is at the helm of the daily operations of the retail location. They inspire their staff to be accountable in every aspect of the business. The Matta manager leads by example as the engage with clients interact with colleagues and upper management. The Matta manager faces ongoing analysis and evaluation under the managing director for their attention to detail in all aspects of operations including meeting high standards of luxury customer service, complying strictly with company policies and procedures, mentoring their direct reports, creatively fostering growth of sales, and creating efficiency of daily operations.
- The hiring, training, motivating, and development of the retail staff team. Scheduling, and handling of staff questions while referring to the Matta handbook.
- Serve as a leader to store associates regarding all aspects of the retail business including customer service; strong selling skills, fostering client relationship, and customer follow up.
- Conduct monthly retail staff meetings with sales associates addressing monthly sales plan goal, working through with staff how you will achieve the goal, in additional to any news, feedback, or issues that need addressed.
- Understanding of and contributing to the performance of the sales plan. Analyzing the past sales, market trends, etc. to propose monthly BEP sales goals to upper management. Submitting monthly sales reports set forth by upper management, seasonal sales reports along with a season recap/feedback to help with buying for next season.
- Weekly meetings with upper management to discuss any/all immediate items pertaining to retail, as well as planning ahead and strategizing for upcoming deliverables.
- Interacting regularly with the other departments as they pertain to retail.
- Handling of and timely processing of vendor deliveries. Co coordinating with visuals on timeline of when merchandise should hit the floor.
- Work in conjunction with the visual director to develop a retail visual merchandising calendar and timeline for the years merchandise plan. In collaboration with company visual merchandising director carry out visual merchandising plan and organize ongoing adjustment and improvement of merchandise presentation as prompted by product arrival and performance by vendor, category, and any other requested deadline.
- Contribute to marketing efforts and convey feedback on ways to increase store foot traffic and sales.
- Four years management experience in a contemporary or luxury environment.
- A commitment to delivering top notch, personalized customer service.
- An understanding of the brands positioning, specifically within the global retail market.
- A comprehensive knowledge of contemporary and luxury designers and brands.
- Expert product knowledge, with a general understanding of textiles, and techniques.
- A deep appreciation of the Matta story and the brand’s inspired handmade products. Ability to convey Cristina Gitti’s vision.
- A fondness for the brands and categories Matta carries and their place in the marketplace.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to maintain systems of inventory management
- A flexible schedule that prioritizes the store.
- An elevated personal style that resonates with the Matta brand and vision is imperative.
- Strong analytic skills, strong written and verbal skills.
- Ambition to grow within Matta and ambition to learn.
Important to note: We would very much like for the manager’s role to grow along with the company. We firmly believe in providing a nurturing environment and are committed to our employees and their growth. It’s an exciting time to be a part of the Matta experience and team. We are positioning ourselves for the greater impact and welcome more voices to our evolving table.
- competitive pay with commission
- split pay health care
- generous clothing allowance/discount
12 days 9 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Matta high end contemporary boutique
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Retail Store Manager
- STORE MANAGER | PREMIUM WOMENSWEAR | CBD
- Store Manager - European Fashion House - Collins St
- Part-Time Merchandise Processor-Southpark Meadows
- Merchandise Processor-Oak Hill
View More Jobs in New York City, NY:
- View More Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Retail Store Manager high end boutique environment Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Retail Jobs in New York City, NY
- More matta ny Jobs in New York City, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Retail Store Manager high end boutique environment Jobs in New York
- More Retail Jobs in New York City, NY
- More matta ny Jobs in New York