Research Scientist Senior Staff/Advanced ProgramsLockheed Martin Corporation - Fort Worth, TX
Job Description :
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company and its research and development line-of-business, The Skunk Works, seeks an experienced, motivated, and enthusiastic candidate to join the Aircraft Low Observables Team (Signature Management & Survivability). Specifically, we seek to identify a candidate with expertise in one or more of the following disciplines: aircraft signature reduction phenomenology, infrared susceptibility and low observables (LO), infrared sensors and camera measurements, LO project management, electromagnetics or computational electromagnetics.
An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required for those that apply and the candidate must ultimately qualify for a required Top Secret clearance.
The candidate will be working in a high-paced environment responsible for infrared and visual survivability technology maturation lifecycle from initial concept, internal research and development (IRAD) project execution, modeling and simulation, prototype build and test, external customer communication and marketing, proposal and contract capture, contract research and development (CRAD) leadership, and transition to production fleet. The engineer will lead small teams, work independently, and participate in government reviews, industry forums, and internal Skunk Works program reviews as infrared signature subject matter expert.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for performing, analyzing, and communicating vehicle signature predictions using Unix-based codes and tools.
- Responsible for laboratory measurements of material coupons to determine physical, optical, electrical, and/or reflectance properties.
- Responsible for planning, performing, post-processing, and communicating the results of laboratory, field, and vehicle IR camera measurements.
- Engagement in the architecture planning, algorithm development, test, and maintenance of EO/IR signature prediction tools using C , Java, and Fortran.
- Engagement in the research, design, computational electromagnetic modeling, fabricating, and testing of advanced materials.
The position requires strong communication skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing is required as evidenced by prior final reports and technical briefings to large groups. An ability to explain complex technical concepts in a readily comprehensible manner is an advantage. The candidate should have experience preparing successful technical proposals. This will include the ability to (1) perceive customer needs, (2) develop a compelling technical approach to meeting those needs, (3) clearly and concisely describe a plan for implementing the technical approach, and (4) provide reasonable cost/schedule estimates for the work required. The candidate will be expected to develop and execute R&D plans to meet needs defined by management or by the customer. The candidate will typically work without technical direction, but he/she may be called upon to provide technical direction for others.
• Bachelor's or above degree in the fields of engineering or physics
• Experience with Electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) signature phenomenology, predictive modeling, threat systems, design methods, and reduction technologies
• Experience with Unix operating system, engineering physics-based algorithm development, and code manipulation, e.g. C , Java, and/or Fortran.
• Experience with IR signature prediction codes or Monte Carlo analytical tools.
• Experience with EO/IR lab measurement and IR camera equipment.
• Proven experience cultivating, pursuing, capturing, managing, and executing of signature technology IRAD & CRAD projects.
• Experience with Radio-frequency (RF) and Radar Cross Section (RCS) signature reduction techniques.
• Masters degree or higher in the fields of engineering or physics
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Fort Worth Texas
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
applyResearch Scientist Senior Staff/Advanced Programs Lockheed Martin Corporation - Fort Worth, TX, United States
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr Staff Data Scientist
Fort Worth, TX
View More Jobs in Fort Worth, TX:
- View More Jobs in Fort Worth, TX
- More Research Scientist Senior Staff Advanced Programs Jobs in Fort Worth, TX
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in Fort Worth, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Research Scientist Senior Staff Advanced Programs Jobs in Texas
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in Texas