Rescue TechnicianAirgas, Inc - Deer Park, TX
Rescue Technician','12979','!*!JOB SUMMARY:
The primary function of the Safety/Rescue Technician is to provide technical rescue standby for customer projects including confined space rescue and technical rope rescue, as well as first aid and CPR. He/she will assist in assessing risks, readying rescue equipment and planning practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices in compliance with client’s standards. In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over to EMS for medical attention and transport. The Safety/ Rescue Technician is capable with supervision of performing some safety functions such as rigging up of safety equipment, general gas monitoring functions, and confined space attendant duties. The Safety/Rescue Technician has been trained to calibrate equipment and to check to insure that equipment offered is in proper working condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in assessing potential hazards and drafts a Confined Space Rescue Preplan and a Rescue Safety Analysis. Identifies and communicates potential hazards to all affected parties. Determines hazard controls and emergency contingency plans and ensures that required safety equipment and PPE is readily available and in good working order. May conduct general air quality monitoring and make recommendations for hazard control or personal protective equipment based on the interpretation of this data. Conducts daily job briefings with customer and workers.
• Performs on-going monitoring of job conditions and equipment resources and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor to assure both worker and team safety is maintained at all times. Completes daily ICS (Incident Command System) reports.
• In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over to EMS for medical attention and transport. Renders first aid and CPR to the level of training.
• Follows handling, inspection, cleaning and preventative maintenance guidelines for all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness
• Maintains and accurately inventories and documents all rescue related equipment.
• Assists with special projects as assigned.
• Report daily to Principal Contractor, Project Site Representative, or Designated alternate to determine the scope of work and assistance required for the project
• Acknowledge safety responsibilities, defined by the principal contractor and regulatory agencies prior to commencing work on the project
• Hazard Awareness and Communications
• Site Specific Safety Rules
• Use of personal protective equipment, Restricted areas
• Emergency response strategy, Individual duties and responsibilities reporting of accidents/incidents and specific hazards
• Promote safe job performance while monitoring project activities
• Must have monitor technology knowledge
• Monitor areas for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions
• Perform gas monitor field calibration
• Perform confined space attendant function where required
• Maintain breathing air system
• Maintaining office and work areas clean
• Assist with emergency First Aid as required
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED and previous experience.
• Healthcare Provider CPR, First Aid with AED, Rescue Technician, Confined Space Entry & Rescue Certification.
• First Aid Responder certification.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Airgas On-Site Safety Rescue Technicians must have the ability to operate as a team, supervise entry personnel, implement client specific safety plans, and recommend on OSHA compliance. Key skills should include:
• Possesses critical reasoning skills and is capable of applying them effectively in stressful situations.
• Displays confidence and accepts the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position.
• Demonstrates effective communication (verbal, written & listening) and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in the petrochemical, municipal or industrial safety equipment industry.
• Ability to inspect, clean and perform preventative maintenance on all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness.
• Regulatory requirements
• Use of safety and personal protective equipment
• Confined space and rescue practices
• Emergency response planning
• Code of practice procedures
• Hazard Awareness and Communications
• Accident/Incident investigation and reporting
• Accepted industry practices
• Safety Loss/Management training
• Industry recognized training requirements
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver's license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Airgas On-Site Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
Airgas On-Site Safety Employee development programs include the following basics:
• Confined Space Rescue training & 10 hrs OHSA
• Fire Watch training
• Gas monitor calibration
• CPR & First Aid Training
• DOT HM 126/181 Training
• Respirator field level maintenance training
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Combination of office and field / production environments.
• Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, outside and extreme weather conditions.
• Overnight Travel Required which includes driving long distance (may require on average 1 week per month or more)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
','See Job Description','Operations','Airgas Temp','United States-Texas-Deer Park-77536','','Part-time','Jul 31, 2017','Rescue Technician']);
9 days 7 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Airgas, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, supplies industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods. The company operates through two business segments, Distribution and All Other Operations. The Distribution segment offers industrial, medical, and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products. It offers atmospheric gases including nitrogen, oxygen, and argon; helium; hydrogen; welding and fuel gases, such as acetylene, propylene, and propane; carbon dioxide; nitrous oxide; various gases; special application blends; and process chemicals. This segment also rents gas cylinders, cryogenic liquid containers, bulk storage tanks, tube trailers, and welding-related and other equipment. The All Other Operations segment produces carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; distributes refrigerants, anhydrous and aqua ammonia, and process chemicals; and provides technical and refrigerant reclamation services. Airgas, Inc. also produces atmospheric gases and supplies safety products. The company markets its products and services through various sales channels, including branch-based sales representatives, retail stores, strategic customer account programs, telesales, catalogs, eBusiness, and independent distributors. It serves various industries, including manufacturing and metal fabrication; non-residential construction; life sciences and healthcare; food, beverage and retail; energy and chemical production and distribution; basic materials and services; and government and other industries. The company has operations in the United States, and Canada, as well as Mexico, Russia, Dubai, and European countries. Airgas, Inc. was founded in 1982 and is based in Radnor, Pennsylvania.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- EMT Professional Security Officer - Downtown
- HVAC Residential Lead Install Technician
- Technical Writer
- Technician/Agent. Geek Squad Advance Repair - Military veter...
League City, TX
- Technical Writer
View More Jobs in Deer Park, TX:
- View More Jobs in Deer Park, TX
- More Rescue Technician Jobs in Deer Park, TX
- More Airgas, Inc Jobs in Deer Park, TX