Regional Scientific Director Illinois & Michigan territory (Chicago base preferred)Merck & Co., Inc - Wyoming, NY
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified itslegacy for over a century. Mercks success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the worlds premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, were doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Mercks leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases. The Research Scientific Director (RSD) is a therapeutic and disease expert who is responsible for facilitating anddeveloping relationships with the Oncology medical/scientific community who have potential interest in participating in Merck research studies (ISTs, Company Sponsored). This position will report to the Team Leader Research Scientific Director (within Global Center for Scientific Affairs).
* Support MRL strategy to accelerate Mercks broader Oncology portfolio through internal candidate development and/or external partnership opportunities. * Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key investigators, institutions, groups and consortia to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends in Oncology * Support company initiated trials by interacting with primary investigators, assisting in site identification and screenings, and delivering disease education using approved resources * Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with Scientific Leaders to ensure they have a medical contact within Merck. * Support data generation activities including provision of Merck areas of research interest and ISP process to potential investigators and review of proposals. * Engage in proactive non-product discussions regarding Oncology scientific issues to assist Merck in obtaining feedback on certain scientific topics of interest to inform Mercks research activities (e.g., medical practice insights, evidence/data gaps, novel targets and pathways, etc.). * Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the assigned disease and therapeutic area(s) through education efforts, including attendance at relevant conferences, workshops and review of key journals. * Represents MRL at scientific meetings including pipeline booth support, congresses and symposia's, MRL advisory and investigator meetings. * Fully comply with all company policies and applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
* An advanced degree (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D.) is required with prior experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical or healthcare education environment Required: * Ability to travel up to 75% as required per this position. * The ideal candidate will reside within the position territory: Illinois & Michigan * A minimum of 5 years hematology/oncology experience is required. * Knowledge of treatment guidelines (NCCN, ASCO, ASH, ESMO, etc.), clinical research processes, FDA regulations, and OIG guidelines * Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required. * Must have the ability to network and partner with important external customers, including Scientific Leaders, investigators, academic institutions, large group practices, NCI Cooperative Group leadership * Must possess demonstrable effective leadership skills (by example and through accomplishments), and is able to step forward to handle challenges within scope of authority. * Must demonstrate deep therapeutic competency; stays abreast of trends and new information in the therapeutic/ translational science area.
* Candidates currently residing in the metropolitan Chicago area are preferred. * Three (3) or more years ofclinical trial development experience preferred. Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and were counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, were inventing for life. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at (please use the apply button below). Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement
13 days 15 hours ago
applyRegional Scientific Director Illinois & Michigan territory (Chicago base preferred) Merck & Co., Inc - Wyoming, NY, United States
Merck has a long and rich history of working to improve people's health and well-being. Through the years, our researchers have helped to find new ways to treat and prevent illness - from the discovery of vitamin B1, to the first measles vaccine, to cold remedies and antacids, to the first statins to treat high cholesterol. Our scientists also have helped develop many products to improve animal health, including vaccines and antibiotics. /images/merck-history-timeline-screen.jpgWhile we are proud of our past, we are enthusiastic about the future of this new company and we are excited to help create a healthier, brighter future for people around the world.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Wyoming, NY:
- View More Jobs in Wyoming, NY
- More Regional Scientific Director Illinois Michigan territory (Chicago base preferred) Jobs in Wyoming, NY
- More Merck & Co., Inc Jobs in Wyoming, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Regional Scientific Director Illinois Michigan territory (Chicago base preferred) Jobs in New York
- More Merck & Co., Inc Jobs in New York