Regional Medical Liaison (RML) Managed Care I&I, Northwest Territory JobCelgene Corporation - Seattle, WA
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Regional Medical Liaison, Inflammation & Immunology -Managed Care, Northwest Territory
*** Must live near a major airport within the Northwest Territory
This is a field-based position on the Managed Care Regional Medical Liaison (RML) Team, which functions within Inflammation and Immunology (I&I) Medical Affairs at Celgene.
The primary role of the Managed Care RML in I&I is to provide payer and formulary clinical support and to identify, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships with managed care thought leaders.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the Managed Markets /Account Manager Teams to understand key managed care, institutional, and federal accounts.
- Identify, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future managed care thought leaders through scientific exchange and response to unsolicited requests for information on marketed and/or pipeline I&I products.
- Capture and share payer insights with internal colleagues, including Health Economics and Outcomes Research and other I&I RML teams.
- Provide scientific and medical support to Managed Markets/Account Managers
- Conduct formulary committee scientific presentations and facilitate discussions about Celgene Inflammation and Immunology products as requested by key accounts and institutions.
- Work with internal departments, including Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) and therapeutic RML teams, to share information and coordinate efforts.
- Maintain a working knowledge of each payer account in your territory. Within each account, understand the managed care clinical decision-maker's product thought processes, formulary review and approval process, and various clinical/pharmacy touch points within the account.
- Facilitate potential pharmacoeconomic and managed care-initiated studies. Refer requests for research grants to the appropriate Celgene committees as directed.
- Incorporate HEOR responsibilities as needed, including presentations of Budget Impact Models.
- Provide scientific support for regional managed care and health economics consultants and advisory board activities as needed.
- Assist with educating Managed Care Account Managers and others on product clinical data and understanding of technical information within the therapeutic area.
- Attend assigned medical and scientific meetings and symposia to: a) maintain awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to Celgene I&I products; b) develop and maintain relationships with managed care plans; and c) maintain awareness of key issues and challenges for payers d)communicate insights and information to internal teams as appropriate.
- Must live near a major airport within the Northwest Territory .
- Completed MD, DO, PharmD, Masters or PhD in a scientific discipline highly desired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Medical Affairs, managed care, and/or drug development supporting specialty care compounds/products required.
- 3-5 years clinical or medical affairs experience specific to inflammation/immunology (GI, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Neurology, or Oncology) therapeutic area(s) OR in a clinical managed care role required. Overnight business travel of more than 50% is required. Managed care RML experience and/or payer experience strongly preferred.
- Other required skills:
- Current working knowledge of local legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to industry interactions with health-care professionals.
- Ability to effectively partner and develop and maintain relationships within the medical and payer community.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
REQ ID: 16002102
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-Washington-Seattle
JOB: Clinical Development
ORGANIZATION: Celgene Corporation
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Manager
JOB TYPE: Full-time
JOB LEVEL: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 75 % of the Time
JOB POSTING: 2016-12-05 00:00:00.0
19 days 8 hours ago
applyRegional Medical Liaison (RML) Managed Care I&I, Northwest Territory Job Celgene Corporation - Seattle, WA, United States
Celgene is a multinational biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our mission as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions. There are numerous clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocyte leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), glioblastoma, and ovarian, pancreatic and prostate cancer.
View More Jobs in Seattle, WA:
- View More Jobs in Seattle, WA
- More Regional Medical Liaison (RML) Managed Care I I Northwest Territory Job Jobs in Seattle, WA
- More Healthcare Jobs in Seattle, WA
- More Celgene Corporation Jobs in Seattle, WA
View More Jobs in Washington:
- View More Jobs in Washington
- More Regional Medical Liaison (RML) Managed Care I I Northwest Territory Job Jobs in Washington
- More Healthcare Jobs in Seattle, WA
- More Celgene Corporation Jobs in Washington