Refrigeration TechnicianThe Kroger Co. - Seymour, IN
Department: LOU Facility Engineering
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Location: Service to multiple Jay C Food Stores throughout Indiana
Provide complete HVAC and Refrigeration Maintenance support to all assigned stores and all assigned equipment as economically as possible. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide complete store service on all assigned stores and all assigned equipment except for those items covered by Vendor warranties or Landlord liabilities, as economically as possible. * Evaluate store equipment and assist the Maintenance Engineer in determining the best way to provide maintenance service. * Assist with major and minor project installations as directed. * Determine what parts the maintenance department should stock in order to perform timely and complete repairs and preventative maintenance to store equipment. * Provide complete and timely preventive maintenance for store equipment. * Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts. * Clean and maintain company service vehicle, if one is assigned. * Train store personnel in the proper use of store equipment. * Properly communicate with Facility Engineering staff, store management and other servicemen through both written and verbal techniques.
o Maintain effective communications with store personnel in order to reduce maintenance cost, especially as it relates to equipment abuse, repeat calls, overtime, and incomplete understanding of the equipment.
o Properly complete all repair, labor, part and purchasing documentation in a timely fashion.
* Work on general store equipment if the need arises and if requested by Facility Engineering. * Have and maintain an EPA certification card for handling refrigerant. * Comply with all department and company policies and procedures. * Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Possess an EPA certification card for handling refrigerant. * 2 years HVAC/Refrigeration service experience. * 2 years maintenance service experience. * Possesses mechanical knowledge to support the maintenance of computerized equipment. * Valid Driver's License * Ability to travel independently
DESIRED PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE
* Demonstrated experience in the evaluation and repair of HVAC/Refrigeration equipment. * Mechanical background with computer skills including Microsoft Office * Knowledge of building and refrigeration control systems including CPC and Danfoss * High level of building and grounds general maintenance.
Education Level: Trade School Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License; EPA Certification Class 1 and 2
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering - a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service - in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN || Seymour || 1446 Schleter Rd. || 47274 || Kroger Stores || None || Facilities Maintenance || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || Driver's License; EPA Certification Class 1 and 2
61 days 16 hours ago
applyRefrigeration Technician The Kroger Co. - Seymour, IN, United States
In 1883, Barney Kroger invested his life savings of $372 to open a grocery store at 66 Pearl Street in downtown Cincinnati. The son of a merchant, he ran his business with a simple motto: “Be particular. Never sell anything you would not want yourself.”
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Refrigeration Technician
- AC/Refrigeration Technician
- Refrigeration Technician - 2nd Shift - Full Time - Springdal...
- Commercial Refrigeration Technician - (EGTXELP4816)
El Paso, TX
- Refrigeration Technician - 2nd Shift - Full Time - Nashville...
View More Jobs in Seymour, IN:
- View More Jobs in Seymour, IN
- More Refrigeration Technician Jobs in Seymour, IN
- More HVAC Jobs in Seymour, IN
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Seymour, IN
View More Jobs in Indiana:
- View More Jobs in Indiana
- More Refrigeration Technician Jobs in Indiana
- More HVAC Jobs in Seymour, IN
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Indiana