Refrigeration TechnicianThe Kroger Co. - Atlanta, GA
Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the service, repair, and preventative maintenance of all HVAC and refrigerated equipment in assigned group of stores to keep it in a safe working condition. Responsible for 24/7 duty every four weeks. Demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Perform service to the stores refrigeration system, consisting of single air cooled units, to remote parallel racks, Protocol units, HVAC units and refrigerated cases and coils. * Service the electronic control systems, Variable Frequency Drives, Fractional horsepower units, and HVAC package units. * Read gauges and instruments and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls and pumps to control level of fluid pressure and distribution in systems. * Trouble shoots, repairs and overhauls equipment such as compressors, pumps, air handlers, air dryers, heat exchangers, other mechanical equipment or electrical, pneumatic and electrical components. * Commission stores to be in alignment with Kroger refrigeration standards. * Respond to emergency situations during after-hours to resolve immediate safety, loss of sale and product concerns. * Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ability to organize and prioritize. * Communicates effectively with all levels of management and field staff. * Technical knowledge of refrigeration, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning & Research (HVAC&R) controls, test equipment, materials, tools, maintenance and energy. * Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in commercial refrigeration. * Ability to travel independently. * Experienced in all areas of refrigeration and HVAC maintenance systems. * Ability to work a variety of schedules as required (including nights, weekends and holidays). Overtime may be required at times. * Basic PC skills. Position will utilize Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel ,and MS Outlook). * Must be EPA Universal (Class1 and Class2) certified. * Must be at least 18 years old and be physically qualified to drive in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCR)/ Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements
DESIRED PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE:
* Previous experience as a Refrigeration Technician or Energy Technician.
Education Level: Trade School Desired
Required Travel: Up to 75%
Required Certifications/Licenses: EPA Certification Class 1 and 2
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering - a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service - in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: GA || Atlanta || 800 Glenwood Ave || 30316 || Kroger Stores || None || Facilities Maintenance || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || EPA Certification Class 1 and 2
12 days 2 hours ago
applyRefrigeration Technician The Kroger Co. - Atlanta, GA, United States
In 1883, Barney Kroger invested his life savings of $372 to open a grocery store at 66 Pearl Street in downtown Cincinnati. The son of a merchant, he ran his business with a simple motto: “Be particular. Never sell anything you would not want yourself.”
Jobs You Might Also Like
- HVAC Journeyman
Lithia Springs, GA
- Commercial HVAC Service Technician
- HVAC Apprentice Technician
- HVAC Apprentice Technician - Military veterans preferred
- Refrigeration Technician
View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA:
- View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More Refrigeration Technician Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More HVAC Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Atlanta, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More Refrigeration Technician Jobs in Georgia
- More HVAC Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Georgia