Radio OperatorRockwell Collins, Inc. - CA, USA
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as a 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
On December 2, 1929, Aeronautical Radio, Inc. was chartered by the Federal Radio Commission (later to become the Federal Communications Commission) to serve as the airline industry's single licensee and coordinator of radio communication outside of the government. Presently, Rockwell Collins IMS provides international and domestic air and ground communications to our major airline customers.
About the opportunity: Rockwell Collins is looking for an ideal candidate to join our team as a Communications Center Radio Operator in Livermore, California. This is a rewarding and challenging position that affords you the opportunity to truly make a difference. If selected, you will be working in a fast-paced environment where customer service, quality of communication, and the ability to multi-task are held in the highest regard. In order to ensure this, the position is focused on providing 24/7 support. Shift work is mandatory.
The Radio Operator will:
- Operate HF/VHF radio, computer, and telephone communication equipment.
- Receive, copy and deliver Air Traffic Control messages, clearances, advisories, and information requests.
- Manage and route air-to-ground and ground-to-air traffic, radio messages and communications for dispatchers, pilots, air traffic controllers and other authorized agents.
The rate is $18.75/hour start. Increase to $20.00/hour after 6 months. After one year, the rate will increase to $21.00/hour.
Rockwell Collins will provide training on weather code symbols, Air Traffic Control and our communications regulations, procedures and abbreviations and the operation of all applicable equipment. This is taught within a company sponsored training program that must be successfully completed in order to continue employment.
At Rockwell Collins, it's our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose us as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
To be considered for this position you must have two (2) years of experience in military radio communications, call center customer service, help desk or radio dispatching. You must also be able to work in a fast-paced environment where stressful situations, accuracy of work, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and outstanding customer service are daily requirements.
Additional prerequisites of the position are:
- Achieve a typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Successfully pass a physical examination equivalent to an FAA Type II physical, drug testing and audiogram.
- Have resided within the United States for at least 3 consecutive years out of the last 5.
- Ability to pass a government sponsored background investigation to include fingerprinting, and either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status.
- Qualify to receive a Restricted Radio telephone Operator Permit and obtain within 6 months of employment.
Desired Experience: Ideally your experience will be in airline transportation services or public agency dispatching. Familiarity with the technical and operational terms encountered in aeronautical communication is also desired.
Minimum Education Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent in general education.
11 days 22 hours ago
applyRadio Operator Rockwell Collins, Inc. - , CA, United States
Since its founding as Collins Radio in 1933, Rockwell Collins and its products have been recognized for distinctive quality and state-of-the-art technology. Collins Radio Company, founded by Arthur Collins in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, initially designed and produced short wave radio equipment. The company steadily grew, and captured the world's attention when Collins supplied the equipment to establish a communications link with the South Pole expedition of Rear Admiral Richard Byrd in 1933.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Computer Operator Anderson Part Time - Military veterans pre...
- Communication Center Radio Operator
- RF Engineer II - Military veterans preferred
- Board Operator (Part -Time) - Military veterans preferred
- Computer Operator