RS Quality Sr Manager/Chief InspectorGulfstream Aerospace Corporation - Savannah, GA
RS Quality Sr Manager/Chief Inspector
[[extTitle]] in [[location]]
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in a related curriculum; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Eight (8) years progressively responsible technical experience within Part 25 aircraft, working with a highly regulated quality assurance system is required, of which at least five (5) years are in a supervisory capacity.
Responsible for implementing, managing and enforcing Repair Station quality policies and procedures; perform all duties of Chief Inspector. Direct and control the operations and personnel engaged in the performance of quality department activities to ensure safe, compliant and quality products are delivered by the Repair Station. Ensure policies, procedures and practices are consistent and compliant with US and international regulatory requirements to attain and sustain Repair Station business commitments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure the development, implementation and strict adherence to quality processes.
2. Manage planning and development of quality standards, methods and procedures used by the Repair Station in complying with all applicable regulatory requirements, and ensure effective utilization of labor and materials.
3. Review and resolve quality issues with Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) supervisors and others, including customers and internal departments.
4. Periodically inspect completed QC checklist, forms and other documents for conformance to prescribed standards.
5. Conduct periodic reviews of QA auditing results to ensure corrective actions are implemented, review corrective actions with appropriate personnel.
6. Ensure all work performed by the Repair Station is in compliance with all relevant FAR and/or FAA regulatory requirements and is fully documented.
7. Ensure all inspection personnel are fully trained and hold current authorizations to perform their assigned duties. Identify, plan and coordinate the developmental training needs to maintain high standards of technical competencies.
8. Maintain working relationships with local regulatory authorities, OEMs and vendors to ensure the Repair Stations continued growth and successful daily operation.
9. Prepare departmental budgets and establish procedures and controls to ensure that expenditures are within the company guidelines. Review financial performance against budgets and account for deviations.
10. Manage subordinate personnel responsible for areas of the Repair Station Quality organization that may include audit, return to service, NDT, backshop, component airworthiness, Export, ODA Inspection Airworthiness Representative (IAR) designees, Aircraft Records & Condition Survey (ARCS), PMA, Final Phase or Service departments.
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. An Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license is required. An A&P license and four (4) years of related quality experience (in addition to the experience requirements below) may offset the Bachelors degree.
2. Possess a comprehensive knowledge of FAR Part 145 and associated guidance materials, Part 43, Part 91, Part 121 and Part 135 as these parts apply to work accomplished under the Repair Station Certification.
3. Possess a comprehensive knowledge of interpretations, applications, and procedures for completing FAA paperwork including FARs, FAA Orders, Advisory Circulars, Form 337, Form 8130-3, Form 8110, STCs, and other pertinent paperwork.
4. Advanced knowledge of inspection and certification processes, a general working knowledge of the various aircraft, and familiarity with pertinent FARs and technical reference materials.
5. Thorough knowledge of quality policies, procedures and all related technical data.
6. Ability to work within the various software applications utilized throughout the corporation.
Languages Required (in addition to English): [[cusLanguage]]
Requisition Number: [[id]]
Percentage of Travel: [[custravRequired]]
Employment Type: [[filter2]]
Posting End Date: [[custextPostEndDate]]
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2014 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
8 days 11 hours ago
applyRS Quality Sr Manager/Chief Inspector Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation - Savannah, GA, United States
Roy Grumman, co-founder of Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation, proposed the development of a purpose-built business aircraft at World War II’s end. He envisioned leveraging the company’s expertise from building robust Grumman warplanes to create scaled-down airliners that could facilitate the post-war economic boom. Thirteen years later, Grumman introduced the Gulfstream I, an aircraft that revolutionized general aviation and positioned the company as an industry high-flyer charting a course for all others to follow.
View More Jobs in Savannah, GA:
- View More Jobs in Savannah, GA
- More RS Quality Sr Manager Chief Inspector Jobs in Savannah, GA
- More Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation Jobs in Savannah, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More RS Quality Sr Manager Chief Inspector Jobs in Georgia
- More Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation Jobs in Georgia