R&D Technician - QdobaJack in the Box Inc. - San Diego, CA
*Part-Time Position/20 hours per week*
Responsible for performing various R&D lab tasks, including: food preparation, kitchen maintenance, product ordering and receiving, and assisting with sensory panels and consumer taste tests for the Qdoba brand.
• Reviews list of products/supplies needed for weekly and special research activities; determines quantities of supplies needed; places orders with distribution centers, bakeries and produce houses. Receives, dates, logs, and stores all delivered R&D products; inspects products to ensure quality standards are met; contacts QA hotline/vendor if product is unacceptable; and notifies assigned food scientist of product’s arrival. Maintains invoicing for general kitchen inventories and maintenance within specified budget and ensures accurate tracking and coding of weekly invoices.
• Assists in executing sensory panels and consumer taste tests, including: coordination of food procurement, preparation and assembly of products and recording of product temperature codes. Prepares food for basic evaluations, studies and product showings. Collects data for yield, cooking, and equipment studies.
• Performs routine maintenance of kitchen equipment including freezers, refrigerators, and grills; assures proper set up of new equipment; calibrates equipment, thermometers, and grills regularly; notifies Maintenance department or Operation Services of any equipment issues. Maintains cleanliness of R&D lab and sensory room (before and after showings); ensures Qdoba standards and local health regulations are met.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• 1-2 years food service experience.
• Requires knowledge in food handling procedures, HACCP procedures, and local health codes for test kitchen. Must pass ServSafe certification.
• Ability to travel to supplier facilities, restaurants, and other locations approximately 10% of time, or as business needs require. Ability to lift cases of food and move heavy equipment. Must be able and willing to eat meat and other types/kinds of food with no aversions or allergies. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to stand and walk freely throughout the test kitchen approximately 75% to 85% of time. Ability to operate food service equipment (ovens, grill, toaster, microwave, slicer, etc.). Ability to utilize cleaning and sanitizing chemicals for equipment and smallwares. Ability to withstand exposure to hot and cold temperatures (grill/walk-in freezer, etc.).
If you have a passion for food and love driving operational excellence, you’ve come to the right place. You can’t beat our onsite fitness center, free coffee, soda, and frozen yogurt!
Location Address Map
9 days 19 hours ago
applyR&D Technician - Qdoba Jack in the Box Inc. - San Diego, CA, United States
Jack in the Box Inc., founded in 1951, is a restaurant company that operates and franchises Jack in the BoxA® restaurants and, through a wholly owned subsidiary, Qdoba Mexican GrillA® in a combined 42 states. The company also operates more than 50 proprietary convenience stores called Quick StuffA®, which include a major-branded fuel station and are developed adjacent to a full-size Jack in the Box restaurant.
View More Jobs in San Diego, CA:
- View More Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More R D Technician Qdoba Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More Jack in the Box Inc. Jobs in San Diego, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More R D Technician Qdoba Jobs in California
- More Jack in the Box Inc. Jobs in California