R&D AssociateThe Estee Lauder Companies Inc. - Melville, NY
Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments
This highly visible role will support both the Global R&D SVP, and Executive Director, Cross Category Strategic Alignment and Consumer Design. The position will have the key responsibility of managing multiple critical R&D processes, initiatives and projects, along with the supervision of administrative staff. The role will also provide expanded support across multiple functions, and sites, due to the continued growth, expansion and complexity of programs across all sites, along with the expanded role of the SVP as the site leader for the Melville complex. It will also have ownership of and project management of Chemical Hygiene and Lab Safety, ownership and management of Global R&D Communication plans and ownership and management of the ONE R&D Career System. Be the direct point of contact and lead for all managers across six Global R&D sites on an ongoing basis. This role is also responsible for leading and coordinating Global R&D Lead Team action steps and deliverables with follow up to all senior leaders and additionally to delegate responsibility/ ownership across the team to ensure priority decisions.
● Provide independent high level leadership and support to the Global R&D SVP and ED, Cross Category Strategic Alignment and be a key contributing member to the Global R&D Lead team to help drive action plans to deliver strategic organizational objectives.
● Be the go to person in the SVP’s absence to ensure continuity of all critical business initiatives.
● Supervise and delegate the daily responsibilities of administrative staff to ensure completion of the following: authoring and coordinating correspondence, generating reports, and communication plans and creating presentations for the SVP
● Provide support of calendar planning for the SVP, requiring high level awareness across confidential programs to ensure effective, timely delegation and proactive resolve on critical incoming issues on behalf of the SVP
● Build strong partnerships and networks across the entire organization, across all levels and departments to help the SVP drive and deliver strategic priorities.
● Manage projects and key initiatives for the SVP’S leadership team to ensure alignment, coordination and completion in the desired timeframe.
● Generate and maintain the ONE R&D organization plans within R&D, including the R&D Homepage, Monthly Blog, Weekly Great Advice, Yammer, share point sites and global R&D communication portals.
● Perform annual performance review as well as coach and develop administrative staff
● Partner with HR on key initiatives involving talent.
● Play an integral role with the Global R&D organizational budgeting process with finance and the Lead team. Provide leadership to integrate spending across cost centers and identify spending trends, outliers and solutions.
● Handle other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
5 Corporate Environment with strong project management experience
Excellent Leadership skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Exceptional project management skills
Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Ability to work independently plan and think ahead
Must be self-driven and be able to work in a fast paced environment
Take charge attitude and self-driven
Research & Development
1st (Day) Shift
Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Job Number:
The Estee Lauder Companies
The Estee Lauder Companies Jobs
8 days 14 hours ago
applyR&D Associate The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. - Melville, NY, United States
Since Estée Lauder founded our Company in 1946 with four cosmetics products and unlimited dreams, we have grown virtually every year on the key principles she established: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Customer Service Sales Associate
- Mid-Level to Senior Corporate Associate Attorney
Garden City, NY
- Guest Advisor (Sales Associate)
Fresh Meadows, NY
- Client Services Associate Job in Greenwich, CT
Cos Cob, CT
- Universal Branch Associate - South Nassau - Hewlett
View More Jobs in Melville, NY:
- View More Jobs in Melville, NY
- More R D Associate Jobs in Melville, NY
- More The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Jobs in Melville, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More R D Associate Jobs in New York
- More The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Jobs in New York