R0002: Courier/Driver/DOTFedEx Corporation (US) - Plattsburgh, NY
COMPANY: FedEx Express
JOB TITLE: R0002: Courier/Driver/DOT
JOB REQUISITION NUMBER: RC6875
CATEGORY: Courier/Tractor-Trailer Driver
JOB FAMILY: FXE-US: Driver
TIME TYPE: Part Time
Plattsburgh, New York
Driver / Operator Of Company Vehicles, Providing Courteous And Efficient Delivery And Pick-Up Of Packages. Checks Shipments For Conformance To Fedex Features Of Service And Provides Related Customer Service Functions. Will be required to obtain a SIDA badge for PBG.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Must Be Licensed For Type Of Vehicle Assigned. Ability To Lift 75 Lbs. Ability To Maneuver Packages Of Any Weight Above 75 Lbs With Appropriate Equipment And/Or Assistance From Another Person. Good Human Relations And Verbal Communication Skills. Neat Appearance Since Customer Contact Is Required. Must Meet Qualifications As Outlined In Section 391 Of The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Requires Medical Exam In Accordance With Fhwa Or Faa Regulations.
FedEx Express is an EEO/AA employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
FedEx Express is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to complete a profile or to submit responses to qualifying questions may contact Cynthia Anthony at 1-866-730-1021.
If you are applying in Philadelphia, PA, you can click below to learn about Philadelphia's fair chance hiring law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance FedEx Express will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEW YORK CORRECTION LAW
LICENSURE AND EMPLOYMENT OF PERSONS PREVIOUSLY CONVICTED OF ONE OR MORE CRIMINAL OFFENSES
Section 750. Definitions.
752. Unfair discrimination against persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses prohibited.
753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption.
754. Written statement upon denial of license or employment.
750. Definitions. For the purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) Public agency means the state or any local subdivision thereof, or any state or local department, agency, board or commission.
(2) Private employer means any person, company, corporation, labor organization or association which employs ten or more persons.
(3) Direct relationship means that the nature of criminal conduct for which the person was convicted has a direct bearing on his fitness or ability to perform one or more of the duties or responsibilities necessarily related to the license, opportunity, or job in question.
(4) License means any certificate, license, permit or grant of permission required by the laws of this state, its political subdivisions or instrumentalities as a condition for the lawful practice of any occupation, employment, trade, vocation, business, or profession. Provided, however, that license shall not, for the purposes of this article, include any license or permit to own, possess, carry, or fire any explosive, pistol, handgun, rifle, shotgun, or other firearm.
(5) Employment means any occupation, vocation or employment, or any form of vocational or educational training. Provided, however, that employment shall not, for the purposes of this article, include membership in any law enforcement agency.
751. Applicability. The provisions of this article shall apply to any application by any person for a license or employment at any public or private employer, who has previously been convicted of one or more criminal offenses in this state or in any other jurisdiction, and to any license or employment held by any person whose conviction of one or more criminal offenses in this state or in any other jurisdiction preceded such employment or granting of a license, except where a mandatory forfeiture, disability or bar to employment is imposed by law, and has not been removed by an executive pardon, certificate of relief from disabilities or certificate of good conduct. Nothing in this article shall be construed to affect any right an employer may have with respect to an intentional misrepresentation in connection with an application for employment made by a prospective employee or previously made by a current employee.
752. Unfair discrimination against persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses prohibited. No application for any license or employment, and no employment or license held by an individual, to which the provisions of this article are applicable, shall be denied or acted upon adversely by reason of the individual's having been previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses, or by reason of a finding of lack of good moral character when such finding is based upon the fact that the individual has previously been convicted of one or more criminal offenses, unless:
(1) There is a direct relationship between one or more of the previous criminal offenses and the specific license or employment sought or held by the individual; or
(2) the issuance or continuation of the license or the granting or continuation of the employment would involve an unreasonable risk to property or to the safety or welfare of specific individuals or the general public.
753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption. 1. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall consider the following factors:
(a) The public policy of this state, as expressed in this act, to encourage the licensure and employment of persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses.
(b) The specific duties and responsibilities necessarily related to the license or employment sought or held by the person.
(c) The bearing, if any, the criminal offense or offenses for which the person was previously convicted will have on his fitness or ability to perform one or more such duties or responsibilities.
(d) The time which has elapsed since the occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(e) The age of the person at the time of occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(f) The seriousness of the offense or offenses.
(g) Any information produced by the person, or produced on his behalf, in regard to his rehabilitation and good conduct.
(h) The legitimate interest of the public agency or private employer in protecting property, and the safety and welfare of specific individuals or the general public.
2. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall also give consideration to a certificate of relief from disabilities or a certificate of good conduct issued to the applicant, which certificate shall create a presumption of rehabilitation in regard to the offense or offenses specified therein.
754. Written statement upon denial of license or employment. At the request of any person previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses who has been denied a license or employment, a public agency or private employer shall provide, within thirty days of a request, a
Employer's Job# RC6875-4-en-us
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
8 days 18 hours ago
applyR0002: Courier/Driver/DOT FedEx Corporation (US) - Plattsburgh, NY, United States
FedEx connects people and possibilities through our worldwide portfolio of shipping, transportation, e-commerce and business services. We offer integrated business applications through our collaboratively managed operating companies — collectively delivering extraordinary service to our customers — using the expertise and reliability represented by the FedEx brand. Our people are the foundation of our success, and FedEx has consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers. We inspire our global workforce of more than 400,000 employees to remain absolutely, positively focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards, and the needs of their customers and communities. We owe our success as an industry leader to the more than 400,000 global team members who deliver exceptional customer service experiences day-in and day-out. Want to be part of this dynamic team? Check out our open positions located on the Careers Site on fedex.com: http://careers.van.fedex.com/
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Courier/Driver/DOT PM Shift $20.52/hour
View More Jobs in Plattsburgh, NY:
- View More Jobs in Plattsburgh, NY
- More R0002: Courier Driver DOT Jobs in Plattsburgh, NY
- More Logistics Jobs in Plattsburgh, NY
- More FedEx Corporation (US) Jobs in Plattsburgh, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More R0002: Courier Driver DOT Jobs in New York
- More Logistics Jobs in Plattsburgh, NY
- More FedEx Corporation (US) Jobs in New York