Quality ManagerTower International - Chicago, IL
Develop and maintain an effective quality system so as to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Ensure product and process compliance to customer and TS 16949 requirements.
- Support corporate in standardization activities.
- Provide direction and leadership to department colleagues consistent with plant business plan goals.
- Provide active leadership role in meeting / exceeding customer expectations in all related areas.
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Direct the utilization of and participate in problem solving methods for related plant and customer problems / issues.
- Serve as driver and coordinator for internal quality systems audits and corresponding corrective action and improvement activities.
- Create an environment conducive to the maintenance of high quality standards.
- Oversee department manning levels and assure compliance and improvements to the budget.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in work area.
- Provide key input into the development of the plant''s strategic business plan along with identifying and tracking key measurable to support the business plan goals.
- Develop and drive the development of departmental strategy and goals along with identifying and tracking key measurable to support the goals.
- Use company metric format to effectively track monitor and implement required corrective/improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc
- Develop and drive implementation of a progressive quality system to prevent defects and exceed customer expectations and achieve customer/quality awards (ex. TS 16949, Q1, etc.).
- Develop and drive implementation of all quality policies and required operating procedures and work instructions.
- Oversee the activities of required customer actions to assure timely and proper responses.
- Interface with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain Level II (operating procedures) and Level III (work instructions) documentation as required with appropriate input.
- Oversee proper and timely quality related participation in advanced product and process planning activities (i.e.; Planning, Control Plans, Capability Studies, PPAP, etc.)
- Represent the company during customer visits and surveys, and during meetings and presentations at the customer''s location.
- Receive and disseminate information from the customer requirements.
- Assure the correct use of inspection equipment and data gathering / analysis, and whenever possible utilize latest technology applications.
- Maintain a current knowledge of quality assurance and control techniques.
- Ensure accountability and discipline within the department.
- Assist as required in plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals for the plant and the customer.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized, and to verify individual usage of personal protective equipment by the entire work team.
- Comply with all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in the performance of daily activities and hold all direct reports accountable for enforcement.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to the Plant Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, Materials, Maintenance and Engineering. Interfaces on an as needed basis with Maintenance, Human Resources, Accounting, IT and corporate functions.
- Provides direct leadership and supervises the Quality Department.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Engineering, Management or Business, appropriate ASQC certification or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years as a quality assurance manager or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of quality tools, practices, systems and corresponding integration.
- Excellent procedure development and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team effective problem solving.
- Experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Vision and ability to translate progressive quality and operating techniques into applications and results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Good working knowledge of customer required software (ex. Powerway, etc.).
- Familiar with GD&T.
- Familiar with PPAP, APQP, TS and other customer specific requirements.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
13 days 12 hours ago
applyQuality Manager Tower International - Chicago, IL, United States
Tower International is a leading integrated global manufacturer of engineered structural metal components and assemblies. The company supplies the automotive industry with body-structure stampings, frames and other chassis structures, as well as complex welded assemblies for small and large cars, crossovers, pickups and SUVs. We are well diversified geographically, which positions us to participate in growth opportunities as they occur over time around the world and mitigates the impact of regional production fluctuations on our business.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Quality Program Manager
- Quality Program Manager
- Quality Manager - Commercial business
- Plant Manager
- Maintenance Manager
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Quality Manager Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Engineering Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Tower International Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Quality Manager Jobs in Illinois
- More Engineering Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Tower International Jobs in Illinois