Quality Inspector (20180396)The Toro Company - Sanford, FL
The Quality Inspector analyzes diverse quality problems to result in solutions, verifying the quality of a variety of parts, products, and processes to effect continuous quality improvements.
May provide guidance to QA team members in establishing quality control techniques for determining, maintaining, and improving the quality of manufacturing operations. Is active in the decision making pertaining to quality and assists in determining responsibilities for failure(s) to meet QA Toro quality standards.
50% 2) Product Inspections/Data Reporting:
a) Inspects parts or products as required for manufacturing procedures and processes; documents and reports findings, testing results and recommendations.
b) Performs visual inspections and functional tests as required in the manufacture of the apparatus to determine that quality is being maintained.
c) Conducts sampling and auditing as required to conform to quality procedures, establsihes standards and requirements.
d) Charts data gathered from various quality checks to be used in analysis, decisions, and feedback for quality improvements.
e) Comprehends, understands and utilizes basic GD &T (General Dimensions & Tolerances) enough to accurately interpret drawings and/or engineering prints
15% 1) Quality Assurance:
a) Solves day-to-day quality problems to encompass all parts, products and processes to improve quality. Involves the affected departments, assist with coordination and reports solutions.
b) Sets-up and implements quality conformance criteria and control charts and monitors for adherence to established QA and Toro standards.
c) Assists Engineering and Operations Departments in establishing or changing methods, techniques or materials for existing or new apparatus for the control of quality or improvements. Collaborates with Engineering and Operations Departments on related process changes and qualifications.
15% 3) Serves as catalyst for assisting in the development of a Closed Loop Quality System:
a) Assists in the identification of projecs, priorities and corrective actions to establish a quality environment.
Assists in the ongoing development of a capable QA team and quality centered work environment, which encourages initiative for finding practical, sustainable, scaleable solutions to QA problems.
c) Assings priorities and monitors progress on product QA holds and disposition.
5% 4) Interfaces with Engineering, Sales, Operations and other management groups:
a) Develops working relationships and shares analysis, decisions, feedback and recommendations for quality improvements.
b) Assists in strategic planning as required.
c) Provides long-range recommendations as requested or required.
1) Education: High School Diploma or GED required, A.A. or Technical education/equivalency degree, preferred. Bilingual/Spanish-English highly preferred, but not required.
2) Experience: Minimum of two to five (2-5) years of experience working in a Manufacturing Environment with a minimum of three (3) years using inspection equipment and methodologies within a Quality Management System.
3) Skills: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to lead by example and obtain support from production employees. Willingness to travel to local suppliers is required for source inspection of quality M.S. Audits as needed. Demonstrated ability to use a computer and standard business software including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint etc.) along with the ability and willingness to learn additional software programs as required.
4) QA and Reasoning Skills: Working knowledge of measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, go-no-go gages, and ability to read mechanical drawings and other technical drawings. • Working knowledge of troubleshooting problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, DMAIC, etc.
Working knowledge of Quality System Audit experience and/or certification. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
Ability to perform all job functions in adherence to Toro’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
5) Certificates/Licenses: None required, but ASQ Certification and/or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification highly preferred/desireable.
6) Additional preferred qualifications: Familiar with lean tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Poke-Yoke, Kaizen, and Standardized Work. Experience with SAP is plus (or other ERP experience such as Oracle). Extruded plastic & injection molding industry experience, highly desirable. Auditor Training, Experience working within a Quality Management System such as ISO9001, AS9001 or experience Performing First Article inspection is highly desirable.
7) Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. When performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required: From 2/3 or
more of the time, talks or hears; from 1/3-2/3 of the time, sits; up to 1/3 of the time, stands, walks,
uses hands to handle or feel; the employee may also move objects weighing up to 30 to 50 lbs.
422 Sanford, Florida, United States
64 days 5 hours ago
applyQuality Inspector (20180396) The Toro Company - Sanford, FL, United States
As a leading worldwide provider of innovative turf, landscape, rental and construction equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions, Toro helps customers care for golf courses, sports fields, public green spaces, commercial and residential properties, and agricultural fields. We value the trust customers place in our people and our products, and are proud to partner with many sites and events around the world. This includes St Andrews Links in Scotland, the Wimbledon Championships, the Super Bowl Stadium, Rose Bowl, Walt Disney World Resort - along with many other professional and collegiate venues.
View More Jobs in Sanford, FL:
- View More Jobs in Sanford, FL
- More Quality Inspector (20180396) Jobs in Sanford, FL
- More The Toro Company Jobs in Sanford, FL
View More Jobs in Florida:
- View More Jobs in Florida
- More Quality Inspector (20180396) Jobs in Florida
- More The Toro Company Jobs in Florida