Quality EngineerGeneral Cable Technologies Corporation - Scottsville, TX
Careers Center | Quality Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Job Locations US-TX-Scottsville
Posted Date 9 hours ago(5/21/2018 9:28 AM)
Requisition ID 2018-1387
# of Openings 1
Accountable to the Quality Manager, this position is responsible to establish, implement, direct, and maintain Quality Assurance and Scrap Control programs and procedures throughout the various stages of manufacturing to assure a finished product with the highest quality possible and while keeping material scrap at a minimum. Also, this position is responsible for maintaining the plants ISO certification and direct contact with customers and U L representatives.
- Conducts testing and determines compliance to inspection requirements and customer, industry, and plant specifications for all raw materials, in-process and finished products in the most efficient manner.
- Maintain database to provide analyzed data reports as necessary to aid in production control, as well as compliance with established product specifications for customers.
- Develop, establish, implement, and maintain a Quality Assurance and Scrap Control program that meets all specifications and is communicated to all necessary departments.
- Select, train, and develop quality assurance employees so that their work is in accordance with accepted practices.
- Review and compare all published General Cable Corporation design specifications, customer, UL, and CSA specifications and maintenance of quality levels for internal and customer review.
- Conducts audits for all test equipment, and manufacturing equipment for conformance with corporate safety regulations.
- Interfaces customer and regulatory agency inspection representatives during scheduled and non-scheduled plant visits. Develops a thorough knowledge of the documentation associated with the various inspections and communicates to the plant.
- Investigates returned materials due to quality complaints as requested and ensures the necessary corrective action is initiated to prevent recurrence.
- Direct responsibility for transfer of finished goods to finished goods inventory.
- Perform other reasonable assigned tasks by Direct Management and Customers.
- Monitor and chart all DPMU data.
- A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability working in a high performance manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in Quality Assurance techniques.
- Must have good business acumen and be able to align QA Engineer objectives to the organizations
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
- Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning, leadership, and high energy that demonstrates urgency.
- Good understanding of quality principles and practices; can effectively manage the manufacturing function with a bottom line result.
- 2 - 4 years experience in manufacturing management and quality
- Leadership ability in a team based environment.
- Strong data base background, comfortable with a variety of software systems, including spread sheets.
- Strong manufacturing background; able to understand and develop appropriate product specifications.
- BS degree in engineering or related practical science with a strong foundation in business administration. Black Belt certification is a plus.
for this job online
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
General Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. General Cable will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
applyQuality Engineer General Cable Technologies Corporation - Scottsville, TX, United States
Our company serves customers through a global network of 57 manufacturing facilities in 26 countries and has worldwide sales representation and distribution. We are dedicated to the production of high-quality aluminum, copper and fiber optic wire and cable and systems solutions for the energy, construction, industrial, specialty and communications sectors. With a vast portfolio of products to meet thousands of diverse application requirements, we continue to invest in research and development in order to maintain and extend our technology leadership by developing new materials, designing new products, and creating new solutions to meet tomorrow’s market challenges.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Scottsville, TX:
- View More Jobs in Scottsville, TX
- More Quality Engineer Jobs in Scottsville, TX
- More Engineering Jobs in Scottsville, TX
- More General Cable Technologies Corporation Jobs in Scottsville, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Quality Engineer Jobs in Texas
- More Engineering Jobs in Scottsville, TX
- More General Cable Technologies Corporation Jobs in Texas