Quality Control Technician JobCorning Incorporated - Hickory, NC
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware, and equipment to be a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry. This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data, and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments, and individuals for their own use.
Scope of Position:
To support, implement, and maintain Quality as well as Plant initiatives at HMTC in order to drive continuous improvement of Quality, Safety, Cost, Delivery, and Morale.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
This position will lead and provide support for Quality Engineering objectives as follows:
• Drive Continuous Improvement Activities with focus on 5s, Quality Improvement Projects, Inventory and Raw Material Inspection Improvements/Support, TL Audit Support, Customer Notifications
• Interface with Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Maintenance, and Warehouse to ensure quality systems are in place and effectively utilized.
• Interface with PLM, Sales, and Technology.
• The position will report directly to the Quality Engineering Supervisor.
• Less than 10%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 8am to 5pm during 2-month training period, then 12pm - 8pm with out-of-hours support; 40hrs per week (as dictated by needs of business)
• High School or equivalent; 2-year technical degree preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
• Solid understanding of Quality management systems.
• Creative/innovative problem solving
• Strong technical fundamentals
• Able to collaborate across organizational boundaries and integrate solutions
• Results oriented and high commitment
• The ability to learn new technology and processes quickly
• Knowledge of products, PQA philosophy and fundamentals
• Statistical analysis
• Good verbal/written communication and presentation skills
• Interpersonal skills – engaging, enabling, open
• Rigorous problem solving
• Planning and organization
• Effective in managing multiple priorities
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Apply online at:
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 1
Education Required: High School
6 days 4 hours ago
applyQuality Control Technician Job Corning Incorporated - Hickory, NC, United States
Corning Incorporated manufactures and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. The company operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Optical Communications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. The Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs) that are used primarily in notebook computers, flat panel desktop monitors, and LCD televisions. The Optical Communications segment manufactures optical fiber and cable, and hardware and equipment products comprising cable assemblies, fiber optic hardware and connectors, optical components and couplers, closures, network interface devices, and other accessories. The Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary, and gasoline and diesel applications. The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide approximately 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics, and fluoride crystals. The Life Sciences segment develops, manufactures, and supplies scientific laboratory products, such as general labware and equipment, as well as specialty surfaces, media, and reagents for cell culture research, bioprocessing, genomics, drug discovery, microbiology, and chemistry. This segment also develops and produces various technologies, including the Corning Epic technology for screening; the Corning HYPER platform of vessels for cell yields; Corning Microcarriers for cell scale-up, therapy, and vaccine applications; Corning CellBIND, Matrigel, BioCoat, and Synthemax II surfaces; and Corning stemgro media. Corning Incorporated has strategic collaboration agreement with World Kitchen, LLC. The company was formerly known as Corning Glass Works and changed its name to Corning Incorporated in April 1989. Corning Incorporated was founded in 1851 and is based in Corning, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Hickory, NC:
- View More Jobs in Hickory, NC
- More Quality Control Technician Job Jobs in Hickory, NC
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Hickory, NC
- More Corning Incorporated Jobs in Hickory, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Quality Control Technician Job Jobs in North Carolina
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Hickory, NC
- More Corning Incorporated Jobs in North Carolina