Quality Assurance ManagerSafeway, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Department has an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
This position is responsible for assuring vendor compliance with company food safety and quality standards.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage Vendor Quality Improvement Program to minimize customer complaints and to resolve quality and food safety issues
• Inspect, audit and certify vendor facilities for compliance with sanitary, regulatory, production and QA requirements
• Review product quality, including customer complaints and initiate corrective actions with vendors. Evaluate vendors’ processes for capability to consistently adhere to product specifications and food safety standards
• Evaluate vendors’ processes for capability to consistently adhere to product specifications and food safety standards
• Conduct and manage the third-party vendor audit programs
• Coordinate recalls and withdrawals with vendors
• Evaluate vendors’ readiness for compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
• Manage vendor Certificate of Analysis program to assure compliance with specifications
• Enforce functional HACCP, GMP’s, NLEA and evaluate operations management effectiveness
• Conduct product sample and lot approval evaluations, or manage program through a third party
• Create and communicate executive reports and address key findings across multifunctional teams
• Enforce Albertsons Food Safety & Quality Assurance Policies
• Review and approve product specifications, and assist Product Development in specifying quality parameters and testing methodologies
• Serve as a technical resource for Own Brands
• Assist divisions in resolving product quality issues
• Manage quality and food safety vendor communication utilizing SpecConnect
• Assure Own Brands Kosher, Organic, and Gluten Free certificate programs are maintained according to standards
• Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Meat Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Engineering or related scientific field
• 6 years Quality management experience in a variety of food and/or general merchandise/health, beauty, cosmetic manufacturing and processing environments
• Ability to analyze process capability data to assure compliance with specifications. Experience utilizing Process Improvement methods such as: SPC, DMAIC, 8D, Ishikawa, Six Sigma
• Working knowledge of AQL sampling plans in a manufacturing setting is preferred
• Supplier quality management, including audit experience, is required
• In-depth knowledge of food safety, product quality programs, preventive QC methods, HACCP (certified), GMP’s, environmental testing, allergen control and manufacturing security measures
• 2 years Laboratory experience
• 2 years Quality Auditing experience preferred
o GFSI (BRC, SQF, ISO 22,000, IFS, Dutch HACCP) ASQ, SAFE, or equivalent sector audit certification
o SA800 certification or the ability to demonstrate knowledge of equivalent social responsibility programs
• Certification or working knowledge of animal welfare principles
• Ability to motivate, manage, lead and influence subordinates, peers and superiors
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent written/verbal communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, including strong management ability in a team-based culture.
• Thorough knowledge of US regulatory compliance requirements
• Independent thinker with the ability to manage a complex workload with changing priorities. Energetic and self-motivated with the ability to act with a sense of urgency and intensity
• Company-wide, 75% or more across multiple time zones
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
6 days 17 hours ago
applyQuality Assurance Manager Safeway, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA, United States
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Quality Assurance Analyst
Palo Alto, CA
- Executive Director, GxP QA Operations
- Software Development Engineer
San Jose, CA
- Director of Corporate Quality
San Jose, CA
View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA:
- View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Quality Assurance Manager Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Quality Assurance Manager Jobs in California
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in California