Quality Assurance Analyst / Quality EngineerAmeriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN
About Ameriprise :
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
The Quality Assurance/Quality Engineer analyst is responsible for leading the projects from quality organization, developing formal test plans to ensure the timely delivery of high quality technology projects. The Quality Assurance analyst works as part of a larger project team with both the business partners and technology teams to ensure that test plans include both functional and non-functional requirements. The candidate will work with other quality engineers to probe on methodology, correctness and effectiveness of the test executed and guide the technology teams and business partners.
The candidate should have a proven automation experience which will help to apply automation best practices and should be having an experience working on Agile Scrum and/or Kanban methodology.
Major areas of accountability:
• Testing Execution (Functional testing for Web portals, API Services, Databases) ~~ Defect Resolution ~~ Customer & Industry Compliance Requirements ~~ QA Practice ~~ Manage financials & forecasts
• Define the test strategy, test plan and test schedule. Review the test cases/scripts, ensure high test data coverage and document expected test results. Design processes for test case automation and test execution. Review requirements and define, track and publish QA metrics.
• Have worked in Agile environment and also in the onshore and offshore model to have synergies with offshore members through regular discussions and effectively utilizing the offshore and onshore team.
• Hands-on Java programming, Automation Scripting, White box testing experience in JAVA & TestNG/ jUnit
• Capable of scripting with HP UFT (Lean FT), Selenium or similar software test automation framework
• Experience in building and executing automated and performance tests for REST based services
• Experience with Agile Methodologies, Tools (JIRA, HP ALM, Confluence)
• Good experience in Test data management and associated techniques. Preferred experience on CA Test Data Manager
• Good experience working on Service Virtualization preferably through CA Dev Test (aka CA Lisa).
• Hands-on experience working with databases Oracle, MySQL & MongoDB
• Experience testing software at API level using SOA suite, SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client etc.
• Effectively manage and execute the testing process to validate that all functional and non-functional requirements are met. Provide consistent and timely test execution status reporting.
• Manage and actively participate in the test defect resolution process; provide defect descriptions, root cause, scope, risks and impact of a problem and facilitating defect reviews. Provide feedback to technology teams and business partners on design improvements. Validate all product fixes and escalate issues that may affect the schedule, budget or quality of the product or testing process.
• Translate business partner needs in to functionally sound test plans. Analyze and understand industry testing and compliance requirements in addition to specific business partner requests and needs. Participate in business requirements discussions, design sessions and functional specification reviews with the technology teams and business partners. Ensure that test plans adequately test the functionality, interfaces, performance, and data integrity of the project.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current quality assurance principles, testing tools, processes, quality control methodologies and other technology advances.
• Clearly able to articulate the progress on automation, publish the metrics on regular basis and drive attention on the automation activities to the senior leadership. Showcase improvement in the testing effectiveness through automation solutions.
• Capable of proposing the solutions to the tool product owners for them to enhance the existing tool features.
• Strong QA experience in the past to actively be a part of Test team as part of any of the projects. Capability to participate in the test defect resolution process; including producing comprehensive defect descriptions, identify the cause, scope, risks and impact of a problem and facilitating defect reviews. Provide feedback to technology teams and business partners on design and usability improvements. Validate all product fixes and escalate issues that may affect the schedule, budget or quality of the product or testing process.
• Actively involved in understanding the observations from Quality control tools like Sonarqube, Veracode security scan and other mandated code scans.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of relevant Quality engineering experience (highlighted in responsibilities)
• 3 years of software development experience - with emphasis in quality assurance testing methodologies or business systems analysis.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience using version control systems and automated testing tools and using scripting languages.
• Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts
• Skilled knowledge in testing concepts, tools and methodologies working in a highly regulated environment/industry.
• Proficient working on Agile Scrum/ Kanban and waterfall methodologies
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience working closely with developers, business systems analysts and business partners to understand test success measures.
• Experience in context-based, exploratory or scenario testing.
• Quality Assurance testing experience within the Financial Services industry (i.e. broker-dealer, advisor distribution asset management, insurance, etc.).
• Certified Scrum master.
Apply for this job at http://ameriprise.contacthr.com/58660650
View More Ameriprise Jobs
9 days 10 hours ago
applyQuality Assurance Analyst / Quality Engineer Ameriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN, United States
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
- Principal Quality Engineer
Brooklyn Center, MN
- Principal Design QA Engineer
- Sr. Mission Assurance/Quality Engineer Job
- Senior Quality Engineer (Maplewood, MN)
View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN:
- View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Quality Assurance Analyst Quality Engineer Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Engineering Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More IT Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Quality Assurance Analyst Quality Engineer Jobs in Minnesota
- More Engineering Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More IT Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minnesota