QA EngineerLockheed Martin Corporation - Littleton, CO
Littleton, CO 80125
This Quality Engineer (QE) position will directly support the outstanding Lockheed Martin Global Positioning System (GPS) III Program Space Vehicle (SV) Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations (ATLO) operations in Denver, Colorado!
Lockheed Martin is on contract with the US Air Force to build, test, and launch ten (10) GPS III SVs. The selected individual will: Be responsible for ensuring the effective implementation and adherence of quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished product, as well as ensuring accurate and proper build and test documentation of the completed products. Directly interface with the ATLO technicians and engineers building and testing the GPS III SVs and related equipment, interface with the Customer, and internal and external engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure compliance to build and test requirements, and to ensure compliance to LM and GPS III Program quality requirements. May perform/support Quality audits for compliance to program requirements, deficiency identification and corrective actions. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. Leads and implements collaborative Quality Assurance interactions with the LM team, Customer, and local DCMA Customer representatives.
May develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. May devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. May design and analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. May be required on occasion to travel to the Cape Canaveral launch site, to support GPS III SV pre-launch or launch operations. This position is located at the LM SSC Waterton Canyon facility near Denver, CO and reports directly to the GPS III Program Senior Manager of Quality Engineering.
This is primarily a 2nd shift position, but schedule flexibility is required as the selected Candidate may be required to support 1st shift operations based on program needs. Selected candidate may also be required to work weekends and/or holidays on occasion, due to the exciting nature of spacecraft assembly and testing.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
* Quality Assurance experience in assembly and test of hardware electronic boxes and products, review of build and test documentation, and physical inspection of electronic hardware
* Thorough understanding of standard Quality Assurance processes and procedures, and AS9100 Quality standards
* The individual must have excellent communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft applications.
* Thorough understanding and experience with the methodologies for performing root cause analyses and the determination and implementation of effective corrective actions.
* Proven decision making ability and leadership skills
* Must be able to work independently, as well as work effectively as part of the GPS III QA team
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and organization skills
* Able to work comfortably in a high bay clean room environment.
* Must currently possess a minimum of DoD SECRET clearance level, or have been debriefed from that security level or higher within the past 18 months. Must also be able to obtain COMSEC.
* Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering requirements
* Experience with the design and/or assembly and/or test of aircraft, launch vehicle, or space flight hardware
* Strong problem solving skills, and ability to think creatively
*Ability to lead and work well independently as well as part of a team
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of requirements flow-down, product acceptance activities, and/or manufacturing quality assurance process oversight
* Working knowledge and understanding of LM Mission Success processes
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of LM VE-CAMs, Automation Framework, and SAP Systems
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience of LM Q-Note processing process
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Nonconformance & MRB (Material Review Board) processes, and FRB (Failure Review Board) processes
* Demonstrated knowledge of root cause analyses methodologies and demonstrated experience in the development and evaluation of effective preventive/corrective action plans
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the creation or review/approval of LM Production Order assembly documentation
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the creation or review/approval of LM hardware or Space Vehicle Test Procedures
* Understanding of LM Configuration Control processes
* Understanding of Test Readiness Reviews
* Experience working with suppliers, including review of supplier End Item Data Packages and hardware receiving/inspection
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
10 days 4 hours ago
applyQA Engineer Lockheed Martin Corporation - Littleton, CO, United States
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- QA Engineer - Military veterans preferred
- Staff QA Engineer
- QA Automation Engineer (Python, Java)
- Construction Project Engineer
- Project Manager, Pipeline
View More Jobs in Littleton, CO:
- View More Jobs in Littleton, CO
- More QA Engineer Jobs in Littleton, CO
- More Engineering Jobs in Littleton, CO
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in Littleton, CO
View More Jobs in Colorado:
- View More Jobs in Colorado
- More QA Engineer Jobs in Colorado
- More Engineering Jobs in Littleton, CO
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in Colorado