Purchasing Manager/DirectorKane's Furniture - Saint Petersburg, FL
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Manager, based at our Corporate office, who will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the activities of our Purchasing Department.
Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the activities of the Purchasing Department. Reviews and authorizes invoice payments, vendor/supplier contracts, maintenance agreements. Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures and modifies as needed. The Director ensures that purchasing functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures. Oversees related budgeting and controls financial expenditures. The Director ensures that supplies, equipment, and services purchased are of acceptable quality and at the least possible cost.
REPRESENTATIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
· Ensures that Track-It system is reviewed and issues addressed
· Run Track-It reports on a regular basis for prioritizing tasks
· Maintenance reviews of all equipment is regularly done, e.g. AC Units @ Stores and Corporate
· Effectively negotiates competitive pricing for all purchases for the Company
· Timely submission of PO’s with clear justification for any capital expenditures is clearly articulated
· Completes and submits Purchase Orders in a timely manner so as not to impact the operation with delays
· Monitors performance of HVAC and Maintenance staff to ensure quality, quantity and timeliness of projects are done
· Maintains relationships with vendors to ensure that quality pricing and work is completed on time and budget
· Communicates regularly with operations and corporate leadership on the status of priority purchasing issues
· Prioritizes projects and quick to adjust stated priorities as needed
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 – 5 years experience in a Purchasing Department and have a strong background and knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures.
Must have strong communication and negotiation skills as well as a strong understanding of purchasing and facility needs to include technical requirements; for example HVAC, maintenance, landscaping, etc.
Must be highly organized, have an outstanding follow-up system and understand priorities.
Familiarity with sources of vendors and suppliers
If you want to be part of an aggressive, forward-thinking organization and you are driven to being the best, then we are interested in talking with you!
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume and cover letter and clicking on the “Apply button. This position will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters located at:
Kane's Furniture Corporate Headquarters/Distribution Center
5700 70th Avenue North, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
Kane's Furniture is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
Kane's is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
10 days 21 hours ago
applyPurchasing Manager/Director Kane's Furniture - Saint Petersburg, FL, United States
Kane’s was established by Maurice A. Rothman in the spring of 1948 and is one of the oldest and most respected Home furnishing businesses in Florida. The first store opened its doors in downtown St. Petersburg that very summer and soon became the go-to furniture store for locals and snowbirds alike. With a focus on providing great craftsmanship, style and value, Mr. Rothman's success quickly gained momentum, and soon the young entrepreneur expanded throughout the region. Today Kane’s owns 17 stores comprising more than one million square feet of furniture retail space, which span over 300 miles along the Gulf of Mexico and eight major Central Florida markets, including Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Port Charlotte, Ocala, Melbourne, Ft. Myers and Orlando.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Spa (Spa, Fitness, Recreation & Tennis) - Mi...
Saint Petersburg, FL
- Director of Spa (Spa, Fitness, Recreation & Tennis)
Saint Petersburg, FL
- Sr. Manager, Procurement - Property and Facilities Managemen...
- Director of Procurement
View More Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL:
- View More Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL
- More Purchasing Manager Director Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL
- More Kane's Furniture Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL
View More Jobs in Florida:
- View More Jobs in Florida
- More Purchasing Manager Director Jobs in Florida
- More Kane's Furniture Jobs in Florida