Proposal Manager - Kiewit Bridge & Marine DistrictKiewit Corporation - Federal Way, WA
Proposal Manager - Kiewit Bridge & Marine District
Dec 28, 2017
Federal Way, WA, US
Requisition ID: 70161
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
We are looking for a Proposal Manager with a strong writing or graphic design background to integrate with our team and lead our proposal development for some of the most challenging Bridge and Marine Projects across the United States.
The successful candidate will support Kiewit’s technical and managerial staff in the development of effective written qualifications, proposals and other marketing collateral. This position demands a strong work ethic, initiative, and commitment to quality. The successful candidate will work both individually and in a team environment, must have an interest in learning the ins and outs of building large infrastructure projects and can work under and meet tight deadlines.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Analyze and coordinate responses to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
• Collaborate with engineers, designers, and others to secure information for various writing assignments
• Outline, write, edit and organize proposal documents
• Create proposal templates and infographics, such as tables, charts, maps, etc.
• Make accurate and timely edits and revisions to documents after reviews, and adjust schedules and plans as required
• Manage the proposal process for projects valued at more than $100 million, including pre-RFP planning/coordination, pursuit team organization, schedule management and leading document reviews
• Lead the total production and delivery of proposals
• Create collateral materials for the district (e.g., newsletters, brochures, award submittals, etc.)
• Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time
• Willingness to work outside normal business hours when a deadline approaches
• Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and formatting skills
• Extreme attention to detail and organization
• Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks and multitask when necessary
• Ability to keep track of the “big picture,” but also maintain focus on the details to ensure quality
• Self-motivated, team-oriented, and able to adjust to work well with other professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to be flexible, as work deadlines are client-driven and require some extended work hours or work days
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Graphic Design, Marketing, English, Communications, or related field
• 7 years of experience in a related field
• Candidates must have advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test
• Show proof of eligibility for employment in the United States
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
District Manager, Pre-Sales, RFP, Engineer, Business Development, Management, Sales, Engineering
5 days 7 hours ago
applyProposal Manager - Kiewit Bridge & Marine District Kiewit Corporation - Federal Way, WA, United States
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Proposal Manager - Kiewit Bridge & Marine Distric...
Federal Way, WA
View More Jobs in Federal Way, WA:
- View More Jobs in Federal Way, WA
- More Proposal Manager Kiewit Bridge Marine District Jobs in Federal Way, WA
- More Kiewit Corporation Jobs in Federal Way, WA
View More Jobs in Washington:
- View More Jobs in Washington
- More Proposal Manager Kiewit Bridge Marine District Jobs in Washington
- More Kiewit Corporation Jobs in Washington