Project Manager - Engineering and ConstructionSempra Energy - Houston, TX
Project Manager - Engineering and Construction
Area of Interest:
The Project Manager is responsible for all Project Management and Administration activities related to a Sempra LNG project. The organization will operate out of the FEED and/or EPC Contractor’s office during the FEED and/or EPC Contractor engineering phase. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the FEED and/or the EPC contractor deliverables and ensuring that the Owner responsibilities under the Engineering, FEED or EPC Agreement are being fulfilled by the Process and Engineering Teams. The Project Manager interfaces with the FEED contractor, the Engineering services group of E&C, the Sempra Owner’s Engineer and the other engineering consultants, including marine and geotechnical.
This position will work in FEED, EPC Contractor’s or E&C offices in Houston.
• Coordinates, negotiates, and provides project management services for the engineering and construction of the project
• Responsible for budget and cost control, for coordination of all the third party support activities during FEED and EPC
• Responsible to ensure that all Owner obligations to the FEED and/or EPC Contractor are met on time to avoid Change Orders and schedule delays to the Project
• Manages vendors/contractors to ensure they deliver the value and services for which they have been contracted
• Participates in technical reviews and coordinates with the E&C project engineering services team to ensure that the design is consistent with established criteria, standards and processes
• Ensures technical integrity of process design is maintained by selection of cost efficient and appropriate technical design and engineering standards in conjunction with the FEED and EPC Contractor, his team members and external specialist consultants
• Orders materials from established vendors and controls material supply to support the FEED and construction schedule
• Ensures deliverables are prepared and submitted to appropriate stakeholder
• Works closely with the E&C construction site management during FEED and if relevant the field construction phase of the project
• Strives to cultivate and maintain a good working relationship with the contractor’s personnel
• Ensures that designs are safe and cost effective for the lifetime of the operation
• Monitors application of selected design and suitable engineering standards are being used by the FEED and EPC Contractor
• Ensures that deviations from adopted design codes and standards are approved in consultation with the E&C project Engineering services team
• Monitors and reports progress of the FEED and EPC Contractor works
• Facilitates the data collection, application and supporting the necessary permitting activities to support the FEED and construction specification and schedule
• Provides project management support to permitting and construction to ensure environmental and regulatory compliance
• Assists in quantity take-offs, project evaluations and estimation for projects under review
• Prepares and documents all work and makes thoughtful and concise recommendations to management
• Support the development and implementation of strategies to meet E&C and Sempra LNG goals that integrate technical, operational and regulatory requirements
• Provides feedback to appropriate groups on the development of standard material and construction specifications and material selection guides to ensure project wide compliance with State and Federal safety requirements and industry codes for optimum cost effectiveness
• Prepare technical reports and presentations for E&C personnel during each phase of the project
• Act as Project Manager for any sub contracts and projects delivered outside the FEED and EPC contractor responsibility
• Mentors Project engineering staff assigned to the Project Management group
Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
• Require a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with supporting business-related studies or background. Advanced degree or professional engineering registration strongly preferred.
• Require a minimum of 15 year of related professional experience in energy and project management.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
• Strong technical management abilities with effective project management and leadership skills possessing initiative
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities to analyze data and identify issues, recommend, develop, and implement solutions.
• In depth knowledge of construction techniques and practices in the energy, natural gas and/or petroleum industries.
• Strong ability to organize, plan, control, coordinate, and effectively manage cross-functional assignments and projects
• Familiarity with construction processes and project controls to achieve time, budget and quality metrics
• Sufficient computer literacy to provide quantitative and written reports
• Proficient use of Microsoft suite of products and project specific software
• Typically requires approximately 30-40% travel over an extended period.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions as defined per company policy
2925 Briarpark Dr, Ste 900
State / Province:
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or
protected veteran status.
19 days 6 hours ago
applyProject Manager - Engineering and Construction Sempra Energy - Houston, TX, United States
Sempra Energy was created in 1998 by a merger of parent companies of two long-established, and highly respected, investor-owned utilities with rich histories dating back more than a century. Sempra Energy was founded to capitalize on new opportunities in competitive energy markets. The company’s ongoing focus is to enhance shareholder value and meet customer needs by sustaining the financial strength, operational flexibility and skilled workforce needed to succeed in rapidly changing market conditions
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr. Industrial Project Manager
- Electrical Project Manager
- Engineering Project Manager
- Sr Engineering Project Manager
- Civil Construction Project Manager - Highways /Bridges
View More Jobs in Houston, TX:
- View More Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Project Manager Engineering and Construction Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Engineering Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Sempra Energy Jobs in Houston, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Project Manager Engineering and Construction Jobs in Texas
- More Engineering Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Sempra Energy Jobs in Texas