Project Controls ManagerEntergy Corporation - New Orleans, LA
Primary Location: Louisiana-New Orleans
Job Function: Other
MRV Minimum Salary: $100,000.00
MRV Maximum Salary: $150,000.00
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Not approved
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 74166
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
This Position will be focused primarily on ensuring comprehensive project controls are implemented on CD&I projects and certifying projects have reliable cost and schedule estimates for achieving business goals on time and in accordance with the budget. Under the direction of the Manager of Program Controls, this position will be responsible for performing the following duties:
* Ensuring projects have cost, schedule, scope and risk controls implemented in accordance with Entergy's Project Delivery Standard (PDS) and in alignment with Entergy's Stage Gate Process * Validating contract agreements reflect project controls requirements and certifying the selected contractors implement said controls requirements as required on all elements of the project(s) in question * Implementing all project management standards in the areas of cost, schedule, scope, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and risk and issue management for assigned projects * Working directly with the Project Scheduler to:
* develop and maintain the project's Master Schedule, fully integrated with all vendors' schedules applicable to said project * ensure major milestones and critical path activities are met as defined in the project plans * perform schedule analytics and critical path management to determine the quality of the schedule * perform independent, metric driven progress assessments for the project
* Working directly with the project's Analyst and Controller to:
* establish and maintain project cash flow and forecast projections for alignment with contracts and project schedule * validate and submit vendor invoices and accruals on each project * review, approve and submit monthly Present Estimate and Estimate At Complete forecasts for the project * capture, forecast and communicate the project contingency status (need, usage, release, etc.)
* Collaborating with Project SMEs/Project Managers to:
* establish, finalize, seek approval for and continuously update all Stage Gate deliverables (project charter, execution plan, investment proposal(s), business case, etc.) * review and process vendor invoices in accordance with contractual requirements and Entergy Finance processes * review and approve/reject Change Requests and ensure approved changes are accurately updated in the Master Schedule and in the vendor contracts
* Initiating, maintaining and submitting all project reporting in all required/requested formats with respect to:
* financials (actuals, accruals, PE, EAC, Contingency) * project Risks and Issues * schedule progress and performance (metric driven, derived from the schedule, Earned Value Management approach) * vendor performance and adherence to project controls requirements of the contracts * resource needs and availability
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred
Minimum experience required of the position
10 years capital project management experience with project controls focus. Utility capital project experience essential.
Preferred: Project controls experience on large scale capital projects. Experience of project controls implemented on projects executed under various types of contract agreements including EPC. Both contractor and owner construction project controls experience.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Superior knowledge of the fundamentals of scheduling, cost control, and risk management. Superior knowledge of scheduling software packages and related analytics. Superior skills with spreadsheet based analytics. Knowledge of project and construction management fundamentals. Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position
* Proven knowledge of and extensive experience with project management tools and principles defined by PMI * High degree of computer literacy including advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and the remainder of the MS Office suite * SME level of proficiency and extensive experience with scheduling tools and software, including Microsoft Project and/or Primavera * Outstanding written and verbal skills including the ability to clearly and accurately communicate with any audience * Proven ability and vast experience with developing and producing various types of reports * Proven experience working with contractors and solid understanding of contract types and requirements * Robust understanding of Change, Configuration, and Risk Management principles and the ability to apply those principles to various project types * Solid understanding of Entergy's Accounting, Finance, and Corporate Risk processes and requirements * Strong ability to influence and lead others without direct authority or supervision
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
* PMP certification preferred
* Office environment with minimal physical requirements. As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
10 days 17 hours ago
applyProject Controls Manager Entergy Corporation - New Orleans, LA, United States
We suffered an employee fatality in 2012 and a contractor fatality in 2013. In 2012, employee lost-time injuries increased over 2011. This safety performance is devastating. We are working to build greater safety awareness and a stronger safety culture. Achieving an accident-free work environment for our employees and contractors remains a top priority.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Team Leader- Little Gypsy
- District Sales Manager, FP
New Orleans, LA
- Project Controls Specialist (Woodlands, TX Worksite)
- Mgr, AMI Engineering Lab
New Orleans, LA
- Clinical Nutrition Manager 2
New Orleans, LA
View More Jobs in New Orleans, LA:
- View More Jobs in New Orleans, LA
- More Project Controls Manager Jobs in New Orleans, LA
- More Entergy Corporation Jobs in New Orleans, LA
View More Jobs in Louisiana:
- View More Jobs in Louisiana
- More Project Controls Manager Jobs in Louisiana
- More Entergy Corporation Jobs in Louisiana