Production SchedulerClearwater Paper Corporation. - Shelby, NC
Clearwater Paper manufactures quality consumer tissue, away-from-home tissue, parent roll tissue, bleached paperboard and pulp at manufacturing facilities across the nation. The Company is a premier supplier of private label tissue to major retailers and wholesale distributors, including grocery, drug, mass merchants and discount stores. In addition, the Company produces bleached paperboard used by quality-conscious printers and packaging converters. Clearwater Papers employees build shareholder value by developing strong customer partnerships through quality and service.
At Clearwater Paper, we have made it a priority to build a clearly defined workplace culture that is consistent companywide. Key aspects of our culture include:
- Clear Values. We embrace and practice integrity, openness and candor; environmental responsibility; a commitment to quality; and a focus on customers.
- Continuous improvement. We believe there are always opportunities to raise the bar and get better. We engage our employees in improving both the business and their performance.
- Performance driven. We are focused on winning together and on delivering results.
Our customers success and our success requires everyone to do their part, whether we are finding new ways to be profitable or reducing our environmental footprint. If you are looking for teamwork, a sense of purpose, and a leading company that is growing fast, we are looking for youResponsibilities
Schedule manufacturing site Production units, and support equipment for a specific manufacturing operation, in a manner that covers sales orders with expected service levels and to meet internal needs with the lowest possible inventory and cost. While this position reports to a central MPS the person has a dotted line reporting relationship to the mill manager and actively participates in mill leadership meetings.
Production Unit Scheduling
- Demonstrate high energy and urgency in a fast pace environment to resolve issues quickly
- Firming, converting and releasing of production orders to meet inventory targets and customer orders
- Follow-up and close monitoring of exceptions and critical /rush orders
- Partner with operations to enable the mill to meet stated production and service metrics
- Collaborate with operations to minimize unit changeovers and maximize their efficiencies
- Use work-related software (JDE/VCP) to their fullest capabilities
- Plans and establishes production schedules to meet customer service level agreements (SLAs)
- Develop production schedules that minimize both operational and transportation costs while meeting customer delivery deadlines
- Communicate clearly to the appropriate parties about deviations and delays to the schedule and customer orders
- Work with packaging buyers and paper planners to review raw materials inventories to ensure that they are available for current schedules and if necessary help develop a plan to obtain the needed raw material
- Responsible for notifying packaging buyers, paper planners, customer service and transportation of schedule changes within the locked period
- Release product transfers daily to the appropriate warehouses
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring the inventory health report. Takes action as needed to keep inventory in a healthy range
- Schedule outside converting and perform the associated transactions, as needed
- Balances customer service needs with operational efficiencies
- Attend operations meetings to review schedules and participates as an active member of the mill leadership team
- Coordinate and lead meetings with production departments, deployment planner and customer service representatives regarding production schedules and to mitigate issues
- Provide backup and vacation relief for other planning department positions
- Actively drive and participate in continuous improvement activities
Required education and related experience:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Material Management or Operations Management
- Two to five years experience in manufacturing, preferably with a production planning / purchasing / projects or order management background
- Demonstrated understanding of the demand triggers in manufacturing and their interdependencies (sales, production, work orders)
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, preferably JDE/Oracle and understanding of master data in an integrated system
Skills and Abilities (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):
- Must have the ability to communicate and interface effectively with internal work groups
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
- Highly motivated and results-oriented with ability to work under pressure
- Team player, positive attitude, excellent initiative and problem solving abilities
- Proven analytical thinker; shows ability to analyze complex and sometimes conflicting data in order to reach logical conclusions
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to multiple tasks simultaneously
Illustrative Essential Functions:
- Primarily office environment
- Keyboarding; long periods of sitting and viewing computer monitor
- Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment in the manufacturing environment
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-3204
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Clearwater Paper Corporation
Clearwater Paper (NYSE: CLW) creates products that makeour lives safer, cleaner, and more sustainable. We manufacture tissue, bleachedpaperboard, and pulp, as well as offer services that include custom sheeting,slitting, and cutting. We employee more than 3,000 people at manufacturingfacilities across the U.S.Each and every one of our employees contributes to thesuccess of our company by showing up every day with a commitment to safety andcreating quality products and innovative solutions that make a difference - forour customers, communities, the environment, and you. Contact Info
- 671 Washburn Switch Road
Shelby, NC 28150
View Company Profile
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
25 days 3 hours ago
applyProduction Scheduler Clearwater Paper Corporation. - Shelby, NC, United States
We are the country's largest provider of private label tissue to retail grocery chains and a world-class manufacturer of high-quality bleached paperboard. We help customers strengthen brands and capture market share. We are also an active corporate citizen in the communities where we work and live. Get to know more about us here.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Vendor Scheduler
View More Jobs in Shelby, NC:
- View More Jobs in Shelby, NC
- More Production Scheduler Jobs in Shelby, NC
- More Logistics Jobs in Shelby, NC
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Shelby, NC
- More Clearwater Paper Corporation. Jobs in Shelby, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Production Scheduler Jobs in North Carolina
- More Logistics Jobs in Shelby, NC
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Shelby, NC
- More Clearwater Paper Corporation. Jobs in North Carolina